Barnums Exhaust

Does anyone know of a sound test done on the full Barnum's exhaust for the 650R? What I have heard says that it works great but I want to be able to do dual sport events where 96db is the max.

Thanks!

Barnums exhuast comes with three tips for the sound level you want. It's up there in price but, it works. The Moriawki full exhuast is much better price at $411 shipped to your door. It flows just as much or more then Barnums. I rode Barnum's with the exhuast wide open and it has a cool loud bark of a sound. The Mioriwaki wide open is not as loud and with the spark arrester tip is real close to 96~97db. They are having a close out speical on them.

http://www.bigvalleyhonda.com/racing/Moriwaki_XR650.html

The Moriawki full exhuast is much better price at $411 shipped to your door. It flows just as much or more then Barnums. The Mioriwaki wide open is not as loud and with the spark arrester tip is real close to 96~97db. They are having a close out speical on them.

http://www.bigvalleyhonda.com/racing/Moriwaki_XR650.html

I wish that was the case B! I just got the last one BVH had on the shelf, it was $454 with shipping, I tried to talk them down to $400, but they said no, so it was $439 plus shipping. Still a good deal compared to what else is offered, and the quality of the system looks excellent. I don't know about the Mori 650R exhaust, but if it is anything like their RC51 exhaust who knows when they will get more in. I just recently read about a guy on RC51.com that waited like over two months for BVH to get a Mori high mount system for his RC51. I think they are only making these things in small batches these days, well at least as far as the RC51 is concerned, XR I dont know, but I would assume they operate the same. Someone might want to call up BVH and ask em!

Bummer I was thinking of getting another one. I guess I waited to long! Barnum's is looking better now that the Moriwaki is out of the picture.

Big Valley Honda was closing them out at $399, getting the last one at the price you paid is awesome ? I wish I wouldn't have waited, I :D so, I lose but, close-out means close-out and now they are closed out ?

He's supposed to be coming out with different inserts/ tips/ cores that will all be modular. In uncorked/ race mode, it's loud- quite a bit louder than the stock pipe with the HRC baffle. Sounds way cool at idle & low throttle settings, but open the throttle & it BARKS. It really flows well, maybe too much on a stock bike. Bottom end was quite a bit softer, but mid & top end seemed to pull harder & rev longer. Would probably work better with a higher compression piston & more aggressive cam. Can't say how it works with the quiet core/ spark arrestor, but I imagine Rob has it worked out pretty well.