What happened to the XR600/XR650R Group?

What has happened to the XR600/XR650R group?

Last year the talk was how to get more horsepower out of my XR650R.

or

How can I make my suspension better so I can ride faster or jump higher.

or

Mike Kay Racing the Dakar on his XR650R.

or

The XR650R winning the Baja 1000 (7 times) and winning the Baja Ironman.

or

What tire was better and why.

or

hwo to ride a wheelie at 70mph

or

How to go through the huge whoops at 70mph

or

Honda cheating in the Baja.

But, now it's post like this:

Why the XR600R is better

or

I sure wish i had my xr 600 but i thought the xr 650R would be a nice up grade what a mistake i made .What was Honda thinking when they built the xr 650R it rides like a ten speed in the sand all over the place the seat and handle bars need help and after paying over six thousand for it and have to re-jet change the intake pull the plugs out of the air box change the exhaust tip. My old xr 600 out of the box ran and rode fine without spending tons of money. So you guys that have xr 600s the xr 650r is not any better by far.

or

Well, I've owned the following bikes in recent years-

-2000 XR400R (which I loved but eventually got sick of)

-1999 WR400F (lasted two weeks then decided to blow the gearbox)

-2001 XR650R (too much power and top-heavy feel, little ground clearance)

.....and I'm back riding a '95 XR600- albeit with upgraded suspenion, if Honda were to release a new XR400/450/500/600 model from scratch that is light, simple (not even water cooling) and easy to work and reliable, I would be back on the Honda bandwagon, for now I'm happy riding the XR6.

or

Simply:

5-year extended care warranty. (I've used it, at least used to before it ran out)

No Radiator... Install a POS supertrap with 8 disks, and a 15-tooth front sprocket.

Now you have identical gearing to an XR650L from second gear onward, meaning that its true top speed is somewhere in the neighborhood of 115mph, 7500RPM. It will do it all day long, as long as you have fuel. It has a 190 watt stator - stock. Its engine is not made of balsawood, and tollerates abuse that that a katoom, 650R, YZ/WR450 CRF/X450 would take a trip to the hospital after. The seat IS COMFORTABLE!

And with all of that, you'll have enough money left over for some REAL good suspension, and possibly an A-Loop kit.. Still about $2000 left over..

Now you have a bike with more modern ergonomics, EASY to start, 115mph top speed (with a still-usable 1st gear) bulletproof engine, simple carburetor..

I think the REAL question becomes: How could you knowingly buy an overpriced bike that you know you will have to pull the motor on, is as uncomfortable as sitting on a monkey bar all day, demands a finicky oil change every 100 miles or less, goes through clutch plates as quickly as brake pads, can't run without water, has NO factory warranty, is no significant imporvement over a 1993 XR600R?

I love the one about the XR650R having to much power so he had to sell it!!!

No wonder Mike KAY left, what happened did all the office guy's go out and buy up used XR600R's and XR650L's and show up on the Thumper talk 650/600 group? It's like all the office guy's that ran out and bought Harley's to look cool and act tough but, they are not the same as the guy's with patch.

Sure it's cool to have a XR600R or XR650L and cruise fire road and two track but, that doesn't make them better then the XR650R (Well maybe they are for that type of riding). The guy's on this group last year really looked down on guy's with XR600R's and XR650L's and it was hashed out and they let up now and the guy's with those bikes are bashing the XR650R like it's junk.

All I can think is there must be a bunch of fat office guy's with old bikes jealous of guy's with newer bike that can ride them

FREE IRONDUDE!!!!

All about the XR650R

http://xr650r.borynack.com

FREE IRONDUDE!!

or

or

or

or

or

or

or

Why the XR600R is better

or

I sure wish i had my xr 600 but i thought the xr 650R would be a nice up grade what a mistake i made .What was Honda thinking when they built the xr 650R it rides like a ten speed in the sand all over the place the seat and handle bars need help and after paying over six thousand for it and have to re-jet change the intake pull the plugs out of the air box change the exhaust tip. My old xr 600 out of the box ran and rode fine without spending tons of money. So you guys that have xr 600s the xr 650r is not any better by far.

or

.....and I'm back riding a '95 XR600- albeit with upgraded suspenion, if Honda were to release a new XR400/450/500/600 model from scratch that is light, simple (not even water cooling) and easy to work and reliable, I would be back on the Honda bandwagon, for now I'm happy riding the XR6.

or

Simply:

5-year extended care warranty. (I've used it, at least used to before it ran out)

No Radiator... Install a POS supertrap with 8 disks, and a 15-tooth front sprocket.

Now you have identical gearing to an XR650L from second gear onward, meaning that its true top speed is somewhere in the neighborhood of 115mph, 7500RPM. It will do it all day long, as long as you have fuel. It has a 190 watt stator - stock. Its engine is not made of balsawood, and tollerates abuse that that a katoom, 650R, YZ/WR450 CRF/X450 would take a trip to the hospital after. The seat IS COMFORTABLE!

And with all of that, you'll have enough money left over for some REAL good suspension, and possibly an A-Loop kit.. Still about $2000 left over..

Now you have a bike with more modern ergonomics, EASY to start, 115mph top speed (with a still-usable 1st gear) bulletproof engine, simple carburetor..

I think the REAL question becomes: How could you knowingly buy an overpriced bike that you know you will have to pull the motor on, is as uncomfortable as sitting on a monkey bar all day, demands a finicky oil change every 100 miles or less, goes through clutch plates as quickly as brake pads, can't run without water, has NO factory warranty, is no significant imporvement over a 1993 XR600R?

No wonder Mike KAY left, what happened did all the office guy's go out and buy up used XR600R's and XR650L's and show up on the Thumper talk 650/600 group? It's like all the office guy's that ran out and bought Harley's to look cool and act tough but, they are not the same as the guy's with patch.

Sure it's cool to have a XR600R or XR650L and cruise fire road and two track but, that doesn't make them better then the XR650R (Well maybe they are for that type of riding). The guy's on this group last year really looked down on guy's with XR600R's and XR650L's and it was hashed out and they let up now and the guy's with those bikes are bashing the XR650R like it's junk.

All I can think is there must be a bunch of fat office guy's with old bikes jealous of guy's with newer bike that can ride them

FREE IRONDUDE!!!!

All about the XR650R

FREE IRONDUDE!!

so you're pissed that theres less 650R talk and more 600R and 650L talk?

&%$#@!? ?

get a life

That made me laugh too, Sold it, Too much power ?

Bruce, I love my BRP, Beautiful Red Powerplant........ ?

My BRP does everything for me and then some... :D:worthy:

There is not one bike built that will fit a person right, We're all built differnt..

I've done a lot of mods to mine and am happy with every one I've done.. :D

A comment like that is not going to persuade anyone. Who cares what others think about your xr650r. If you are happy with the bike, that is all that matters.

First of all I am a guy that has a 650L but I am not going to start telling anybody that it is better than the R for anything.

For me the L was a better choice. Call it the ladies model blah blah blah.

I ride for fun period.

It would seem BWB63 that you are doing the same thing that the 600/650L owners that you are bashing are doing. " My bike is better because (insert reasons) and can you belive those (insert bike here) owners blah blah blah .

Does it bother you that much that someone bought the bike they want and think it's the greatest bike ever? You felt you needed to post it in the 600/650 forum and in the general forum?

The forum is XR 600/650 not XR600/XR650R even though you might think it says XR650R it doesn't.

I have checked out your site and read your posts here and several other sites. You are a great resource for anything related to the R model and dirt bike riding in general. I am actually surprised to see a post like this from someone who obviously enjoy's riding like yourself.

or

or

or

or

or

or

or

Why the XR600R is better

or

or

or

Simply:

FREE IRONDUDE!!!!

All about the XR650R

FREE IRONDUDE!!

Do you know how much of a baby you sound? ?

Get off your mamma's teet and act like a man, you little punk. :D

Bruce-

I am right there with ya. And for sure all the hard core racers/riders i've talked to about TT feel exactly the same way you do. TT is now the home of newbies who cant figure out the search function, teens with issues, and angry men who live in on remote islands...none of whom contribute in any constructive way.

its not only the 600/650 group.

its most (not yet all) of thumpertalk.

just look at the responses to your post...

Here at TT its ok to tell someone to "stop sucking at there mamas teet"--in fact its the norm. Thats not my idea of community. I find that so freakin offensive. Theres a reason Nascar doesnt race on mothers day. Maybe that dude dont have a mother. Maybe she gave him away! Why didnt that dude just move on to some other post?

Why would anyone want to be part of a community like this?

I'm no longer an active TTer. After your post you probably wont be either.

Two-three years ago TT had pro's on here sharing real info-i learned so much from them. I havent learned anything from the guys who responded to your post...they are just trolls. The norm on TT is just put-down the other guys: its more teenager-social club than motorcycle club IMO. Most of the guys who know what they are talking about are tired of being flamed by 19 year olds with 2 years riding experience...they now just use TT for info but no longer contribute. Sadly thats now how i look at TT...

It was cool while it lasted.

Heres some REAL talk about motorcycles from the hard core here in SoCal...

KTMtalk.com

amadistrict37.org

baja.net

650 yahoo site...

--and no i'm not bitter after being banned for calling my un-reliable Honda a "jap bike" (not!)

TT

'stop sucking on your mama's teet.' --- that really does sum it all up on here for me. No interest in being a part of it. Not after reading a post like that on mothers day. No thanks.

TT? Memebership might be up. But active, constructive, insightful and informative and participating membership is down.

Flame away.

i wont be back.

Im with Mike Kay on this one as well...I use to post A LOT when people asked questions on the 450 and 650 forum...now spodes answer the questions...wrong most of the time since the good guys have left, dont care to add anymore, or got banned.

I think a lot of sites have turned this way...not just TT, but when TT bans the good people and lets the trolls run rampant, its no wonder why.

'stop sucking on your mama's teet.' --- that really does sum it all up on here for me. No interest in being a part of it. Not after reading a post like that on mothers day. No thanks.

TT? Memebership might be up. But active, constructive, insightful and informative and participating membership is down.

Flame away.

i wont be back.

If your gonna quote me, don't make up crap, i never said 'stop sucking on your mama's teet.', i said 'Get off your mamma's teet and act like a man', and considering this post is a childish attack on a whole group of riders, you and your pal picked a funny thing to find offensive, your twisted reference to Mothers Day is offensive ?, and if you have issues about being banned or have issues with Honda, don't take it out on me or try to further your agenda by misquoting me, your ban was probably well deserved and if you're so offended, go read this same post that someone felt was neccessary to post in the XR forum and tell me how un-offensive that thread is, you big baby. :D

If your gonna quote me, don't make up crap, i never said 'stop sucking on your mama's teet.', i said 'Get off your mamma's teet and act like a man', and considering this post is a childish attack on a whole group of riders, you and your pal picked a funny thing to find offensive, your twisted reference to Mothers Day is offensive :D, and if you have issues about being banned or have issues with Honda, don't take it out on me or try to further your agenda by misquoting me, your ban was probably well deserved and if you're so offended, go read this same post that someone felt was neccessary to post in the XR forum and tell me how un-offensive that thread is, you big baby. :worthy:

I you would pull your head out and wait for the ringing in your ears to clear from the pop, you would have noticed I am not offened but, bringing up a concern like Mr. Kay brought up. The group has been over ran with a bunch of guy's that don't know that there is a difference between a old 84' XR600 and a XR650R race bike......Here is a post to show this point.

"Hey all, just joined. Have been riding my '83 XL600R since 1985. Has always been a great bike, and faster than newer 650s (lighter, better handling). Does anyone know where to get a front disk caliper rebuild kit, or perhaps a used caliper? My caliper hangs up when I use it, and I know it's missing its dust seals from previous attempts at fixing it."

Too funny.... :worthy::worthy: :applause

I don't find that offensive, just :worthy::D

It has become a different group. Mike Kay and others like him are tired of it. Now all you are left with is "how do I un-cork my bike" "Why my XR600 is faster then newer bikes" "XR650R's are worthless". And guy's that think it wrong to point out that we lost a good part of this group and it's being taken over by a bunch that don't know what is up. No more of the guy's that spent the time and money to make there bikes able to win and then shared what they did or found with the group for free.

I don't care what someone thinks of my bike or if there bike can beat it or me. (I will give a chalange my best :mad: ) For most it's all talk no show or any go. It's great there are a bunch of guy's that poke around on any bike be it a CRF230 or XR650L. Great :D Glad they have a bike! ?:D But, I don't see the ones that run there mouths with video of them jumping 70 feet on there XR650L's :crazy::D??

I HAVE NEVER MADE ANY MONEY FROM ANYONE ON THIS OR ANYOTHER GROUP.

http://xr650r.borynack.com/

Between this group and the Yahoo Group I have done 17 free suspension job's for guy's with XR650R's. Some I have ridden with some I have never met or seen. Many would do free things for others on the groups now it's becoming a place for "My XR650L is faster" or I have never used the Tera Flex but, I think it's junk, bigger is just bigger" or "Synthetic oil ruined my motor" or "Honda XR's are junk, aftere riding my bike 4,000 miles without check ing oil my bike seized"

No big deal I think this is what the group has come to and moving on doesn't hurt me one bit. THIS GROUP IS A "FOR PROFFIT ADVERTIZEMENT" FOR THE TT STORE!