Decomp cam in 426failures?

I did the cam swap in my 02 YZ426 a few months ago and love it! I have not read of one failure. I wish I would have found this forum and completed this mod a couple of years ago. Don't wait, do it and enjoy it! ?

do it!!! i've beat the crud out of my bike and haven't thought twice about my cam. i've had my cam in my bike for over a year and love it! it made my bike much more enjoyable. there have been no failures because if there were i gaurantee it would have been posted here!

actually I liked the powerband of the stock cam better than the hotcam...with the hotcam it was a chugger and then hit in the midrange...with the OEM 450 cam it pulls smooth from idle to the rev limiter....much easier to ride and just as fast. Oh yeah....the OE is cheaper too ?

Sorry I still cannot rap my mind around upgradeing to a stock part.

Whatever floats your boat though.

It is a STOCK part for a YZ450F....different cam that was designed for the "oh mommy it rips my arms off 03 YZ450F"...might as well be aftermarket.

Many stock parts are better than oem ?

Okay....

The decomp cam in a 426 isn't OEM, it's a newer part. Spending the extra money on the Hot Cam is silly in my opinion, when you can get a stock cam way cheaper and get basically the same results.

This is a great mod! I did mine 18 months ago. Starting is awesome. What is great is not worrying about stalling the bike over big jumps. (Not a good time) It is great if you stall you can use the momentum of the bike to start the bike again. ?