Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maximus86

Best aftermarket gas tank?

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I'm looking for a list of companys that make Tanks for the 426.

I tried the search and found 2 but i know theres has to be more.

What are you guys running? ANyone have any pictures of bigger gas-tanks-i'll be going out to Colorado in June and i need to be able to do about 75 miles with-out stopping

thanks

your bike looks sweet hurricane-

i like the clarke-

anyone use IMS though-i get a discount on them

I just bought a Clarke 2.8 gal for my 03 450 for a trip to northern Michigan. Used the wr petcock, did 80 miles non-stop in tight woods & didn't hit reserve, but it was close. First time with a Clarke, I've always used IMS. Worked good for me.

I just bought a Clarke 2.8 gal for my 03 450 for a trip to northern Michigan. Used the wr petcock, did 80 miles non-stop in tight woods & didn't hit reserve, but it was close. First time with a Clarke, I've always used IMS. Worked good for me.

THANKS WISE-thats exactly what i wanted to know

If i can do 70(jeep roads) miles with-out stopping i'm set

I've got a stock sized Clarke that I replaced a cracked stock unit with. It's been on a couple of years now and has been very durable, much more heavy duty than stock. Fit was not perfect but it's not bad, color is perfect, overall for the price I give it a thumbs up.

Anyone know if a WR petcock will fit a YZF tank… I have a supermoto YZ426 and would really like the safety of the reserve...

I use a Clark 2.8 natural color. It's great to be able to see the fuel level. Durability? Last weekend were were in some tight rocks and trees and I totally dropped the bike onto the tank/shroud area and hit a rock with it, a boulder actually. I tore up the radiator shroud but the tank was just mildly scratched.