HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flintlock28

recommended new grips???

33 posts in this topic

What grips would you recommend for my 2004 Yz 450f, that tend to create the least amount of blisters, and raw hands?? My stock grips are worn out, and I want to upgrade. Are the gel type effective? or is that a marketing gimmick?? Also do softer or harder style grips tend to create more blister??/ Let me know your experience. Don

:)

I have renthals on my 450 and they are pretty good. On my 250 I have a set of the pro grips, they are softer and feel really good. Hope that helps.

I find that if your getting blisters, then the gloves you wear are likley more to blame. I use Scott grips and they have never been a problem.

I've tried them all and none of them are as comfortable as the stockers.

Thanks for the info....I'm gonna check out the Spider's, they look interesting. I'm also going to make sure it's not my gloves.

Don

ProGrip gel grips (Model 714 or 737) are the best most comfortable grips that I have ever tried. They are inexpensive, long-lasting and slightly wider in diameter than regular grips.