HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jb peterson

Woods mods for a 2000 yz426 ??

13 posts in this topic

I want to ride my YZ426F in the woods and not the MX track. What mods should I do??? Larger tank, suspension softer, etc. ??? Please give some advice! :)

I have an 01 and this is what I have done, large tank Zip Ty Racing has a great one, 10 oz flywheel weight, regear with 13/50, do the BK mod on the carb, and get the suspension done factory connection does a great job. That is the major things I have done on mine along with a few other small ones like rubber mounted triple clamps, Zip TY chain adjuster, AmPro over sized rotor,FMF power bomb header with the titanium 4 (FIM) legal can lets see what else.... I run SETRA enduros Oh by the way mine is for sell but any way hope this helps they are awesome bikes just had to upgrade

I have a 2001 426 and here is what i did to it: 50T rear sprocket, and a few little things to fit me better and that is it. I only ride the trails and it is fine!! the trails here are pipelines but still.... I will be getting a pipe/silencer for it when i get the money though...

I run the 50 rear sprocket, handguards, big 57mm pegs for control, drop the fork in the tripleclamp 8-10mm for turning, set rear preload a little lower than most(1 inch drop free sag ), boysen accelerator pump cover, a 120 mm Pirreli MT32 out back, adjustable fuel screw, seal savers on the front forks and a fender bag on the back with a few small tools. I love the YZ hit in the woods. It wasn't made for the woods but it sure does get up and get with it. No flywheel weight here, just best tuning/jetting I can do and an attentive ear. Good luck to you.

I want to ride my YZ426F in the woods and not the MX track. What mods should I do??? Larger tank, suspension softer, etc. ??? Please give some advice! :)

I was in the same boat... Here is what I have done for the woods.

Gearing = 14/52 (Perfect gearing for tight woods & MX- no stalling, awesome low-end)

Acerbis Ralley-Pro Handquards (White)

Acerbis Front Disk Guard

Maxiss IT - Front and Rear

Total costs around: $ 290

The only reason I stayed away from the Flywheel weight is that I also ride MX.

I want to ride my YZ426F in the woods and not the MX track. What mods should I do??? Larger tank, suspension softer, etc. ??? Please give some advice! :D

To meet the strick noise level (94db) in Michigan you will need a FMF Q or a White Bros E2. Niether is cheap but it is the only way to get to 94 db

I would also recommend the Rekluse. It works great in the tight stuff :)

MUST DO:

Acerbis disk guard, 3.3 gallon tank, and Rally hand guards. Get the powernow. 14/50 or 14/52 gearing.

OTHER NICE ITEMS:

Auto decompression exhaust cam, grip seat, tool bag, kick stand, maybe a 10 or 12 oz. flywheel.

All you need is:

Thunder Alley pipe w/ sparky

13/52 or 14/52 gears

Works Connection radiator braces

Handguards of some kind

Other stuff I highly recommend:

450 Cam

Pro Tapers

02 top triple

Lower pegs

My bike is basically a woods only bike, I have never seen a need for a flywheel weight or suspension work, but I'm pretty small. These bikes rip in the woods, you'll love it.