Woods mods for a 2000 yz426 ??

I want to ride my YZ426F in the woods and not the MX track. What mods should I do??? Larger tank, suspension softer, etc. ??? Please give some advice! :)

Oh, my weight is 190 lbs and I'm an experienced rider.

I have an 01 and this is what I have done, large tank Zip Ty Racing has a great one, 10 oz flywheel weight, regear with 13/50, do the BK mod on the carb, and get the suspension done factory connection does a great job. That is the major things I have done on mine along with a few other small ones like rubber mounted triple clamps, Zip TY chain adjuster, AmPro over sized rotor,FMF power bomb header with the titanium 4 (FIM) legal can lets see what else.... I run SETRA enduros Oh by the way mine is for sell but any way hope this helps they are awesome bikes just had to upgrade

Here is a write up on the GBmod I did GBmod Explained

I have a 2001 426 and here is what i did to it: 50T rear sprocket, and a few little things to fit me better and that is it. I only ride the trails and it is fine!! the trails here are pipelines but still.... I will be getting a pipe/silencer for it when i get the money though...

I run the 50 rear sprocket, handguards, big 57mm pegs for control, drop the fork in the tripleclamp 8-10mm for turning, set rear preload a little lower than most(1 inch drop free sag), boysen accelerator pump cover, a 120 mm Pirreli MT32 out back, adjustable fuel screw, seal savers on the front forks and a fender bag on the back with a few small tools. I love the YZ hit in the woods. It wasn't made for the woods but it sure does get up and get with it. No flywheel weight here, just best tuning/jetting I can do and an attentive ear. Good luck to you.

I want to ride my YZ426F in the woods and not the MX track. What mods should I do??? Larger tank, suspension softer, etc. ??? Please give some advice! :)

I was in the same boat... Here is what I have done for the woods.

Gearing = 14/52 (Perfect gearing for tight woods & MX- no stalling, awesome low-end)

Acerbis Ralley-Pro Handquards (White)

Acerbis Front Disk Guard

Maxiss IT - Front and Rear

Total costs around: $ 290

The only reason I stayed away from the Flywheel weight is that I also ride MX.

I want to ride my YZ426F in the woods and not the MX track. What mods should I do??? Larger tank, suspension softer, etc. ??? Please give some advice! :D

To meet the strick noise level (94db) in Michigan you will need a FMF Q or a White Bros E2. Niether is cheap but it is the only way to get to 94 db

I would also recommend the Rekluse. It works great in the tight stuff :)

zip-ty 12 oz flywheel wieght!!!!

MUST DO:

Acerbis disk guard, 3.3 gallon tank, and Rally hand guards. Get the powernow. 14/50 or 14/52 gearing.

OTHER NICE ITEMS:

Auto decompression exhaust cam, grip seat, tool bag, kick stand, maybe a 10 or 12 oz. flywheel.

Completely forgot.......SUMMERS SEAL SAVERS, the best $30 I spent.

All you need is:

Thunder Alley pipe w/ sparky

13/52 or 14/52 gears

Works Connection radiator braces

Handguards of some kind

Other stuff I highly recommend:

450 Cam

Pro Tapers

02 top triple

Lower pegs

My bike is basically a woods only bike, I have never seen a need for a flywheel weight or suspension work, but I'm pretty small. These bikes rip in the woods, you'll love it.