HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goblin127

xr650l air box drill

7 posts in this topic

would opening up the air box by drilling the side cover on the 650l help,or is this a 650r thing only. thanx!

I relocated my battery to above the airbox, blocking the normal air inlet for teh box. I am using an XR600R side cover with 6, 1.25" holes in it. I don't know if there is a performance advantage, but it look so much better than stock.

MGS

I relocated my battery to above the airbox, blocking the normal air inlet for teh box. I am using an XR600R side cover with 6, 1.25" holes in it. I don't know if there is a performance advantage, but it look so much better than stock.

MGS

Do you have pics of that? Sounds like a good idea. :)

Sure, send me a PM and I will attach pictures of the battery location and side panel. It is not cheap. It required buying a CRF230 battery and XR600R side panel, well over $100 for both. My bike is a supermoto with 17" wheels, Aloop MX seat/tank kit, and 45mm Marzocchi USD forks. To me the look is just about everything, and now my bike looks like a CRF450. Well sort of, as close as you can get with the "L".

MGS

Sure, send me a PM and I will attach pictures of the battery location and side panel. It is not cheap. It required buying a CRF230 battery and XR600R side panel, well over $100 for both. My bike is a supermoto with 17" wheels, Aloop MX seat/tank kit, and 45mm Marzocchi USD forks. To me the look is just about everything, and now my bike looks like a CRF450. Well sort of, as close as you can get with the "L".

MGS

PM sent thanks

MGS

PM sent thanks

Those photos need to be posted here in this or another thread. I'm always interested in the battery box mod and how clean it's been or can be done.