Header Guard

Ok ive been looking around and found a few posts but before i buy anything i want to make sure this will work. I got a 01 426f and i am not sure but i dont think i have a stock header and i was wondering about a guard for it. Here is a picture of it Here

And i found this in a post: http://flatlandracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FR&Category_Code=Universal

Now thats the mounting kit where do i get the guard? Is it a stock yamaha one or what? Any help would really be appreciated.

Yamaha dealer part number 5JG-14628-00-00 -- $44

You did not specify what pipe you have, but FMF makes a shield with a clamp for $35 FMF

Well thats the thing i dont really know, i would guess its a white brothers header since thats what my pipe is too is white brothers. Thanks for the reply.

Couple years ago I bought Big Gun exhaust for my YZ400F. Damn I didn't know about TT then and ruined a couple of nice racepants with really hot header pipe :D Thank you TT, it's better later than never :)

What year and model was that from Satch? I think i might just order the stock 01 426 guard and mount it will that kit at flatland. But i like the way yours is.

the bike I had was an 01 YZ426 with a Pro Circuit T-4. The header guard was a carbon fiber unit for an 03-04 YZ450. It fit perfectly.

E-line will make a carbon fiber one for ya.

What year and model was that from Satch? I think i might just order the stock 01 426 guard and mount it will that kit at flatland. But i like the way yours is.

I got a near new heat shield that I will sell..PM me if interested..

E-Bay, do a search under FMF powerbomb, there is a company that makes CF header guards for most MFG's. I bought one for my 426 powerbomb, and it is sweet! I will try and send a picture on a different thread. The company is ebargain or something like that. Good Luck!

I've seen some nice carbon fiber heat shields on Ebay that appear to come with a mount kit... just search for yz450.