HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
96warrior

Power now?

7 posts in this topic

I did a search, and nothing really came up.

But is the "Power now" worth the money? Or is it just a fad, like buying a tornado from my truck(no I didn't buy one)?

Was wondering if it would clear up the lower mid-range stumble I'm having, and make the bike more responsive. I like to lug and chug when I ride by myself.

It does improve low end response, grunt and starting ease. It's well worth it. Your stumble may be caused by a slightly lean condition. The Power Now Valve increases air velocity at low throttle openings which would intensify a lean condition. A lower clip position or richer needle should cure it.

Mine seemed to aid a little in starting and a slight improvement in throttle response. Nothing earth shattering.

A few years back there was a post on making your own.....complete with a template for cutting out the piece of aluminum. Hacksaw both sides of the intake, a little JB Weld and you're done.

I did mine and it cost me about an hour and pennies worth of material.

Maybe someone else still has the link

I believe it improved my throttle response and low to mid range. Install was clean and easy. Its worth it.

I did a search, and nothing really came up.

But is the "Power now" worth the money? Or is it just a fad, like buying a tornado from my truck(no I didn't buy one)?

Was wondering if it would clear up the lower mid-range stumble I'm having, and make the bike more responsive. I like to lug and chug when I ride by myself.

There should be a PDF file somewhere on TT, that has the instructions for the homegrown PowerNow. I made one (a few actually), and I can vouch that they increase your bike's 'chugability'. There was a particular deep sandy corner, that my bike would usually bog down in 2nd gear on. With the homemade PowerNow, I could smoke that same corner, no bogging, just roost..... :):D:) They DO work.....

I think the home made version was called the James now. Try a search and see what you come up with. :)