Power now?

I did a search, and nothing really came up.

But is the "Power now" worth the money? Or is it just a fad, like buying a tornado from my truck(no I didn't buy one)?

Was wondering if it would clear up the lower mid-range stumble I'm having, and make the bike more responsive. I like to lug and chug when I ride by myself.

It does improve low end response, grunt and starting ease. It's well worth it. Your stumble may be caused by a slightly lean condition. The Power Now Valve increases air velocity at low throttle openings which would intensify a lean condition. A lower clip position or richer needle should cure it.

Mine seemed to aid a little in starting and a slight improvement in throttle response. Nothing earth shattering.

A few years back there was a post on making your own.....complete with a template for cutting out the piece of aluminum. Hacksaw both sides of the intake, a little JB Weld and you're done.

I did mine and it cost me about an hour and pennies worth of material.

Maybe someone else still has the link

I believe it improved my throttle response and low to mid range. Install was clean and easy. Its worth it.

I did a search, and nothing really came up.

But is the "Power now" worth the money? Or is it just a fad, like buying a tornado from my truck(no I didn't buy one)?

Was wondering if it would clear up the lower mid-range stumble I'm having, and make the bike more responsive. I like to lug and chug when I ride by myself.

There should be a PDF file somewhere on TT, that has the instructions for the homegrown PowerNow. I made one (a few actually), and I can vouch that they increase your bike's 'chugability'. There was a particular deep sandy corner, that my bike would usually bog down in 2nd gear on. With the homemade PowerNow, I could smoke that same corner, no bogging, just roost..... :):D:) They DO work.....

I think the home made version was called the James now. Try a search and see what you come up with. :)