Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JeffWR

Rekluse light or heavy spring w/ 30 steel or 25 steel 5 TC balls?

9 posts in this topic

For trail riding am I best to go with light spring and 5 TC balls or will that be just to abrupt of engagement? Can I adjust it enough with the perch adjuster to get back close to light spring and no TC balls feeling of engagement if I do use the 5 TC balls?

Thanks for your opinions, Jeff

Just go with 5 TC balls. It is standard on the CRF450X package from Rekluse. They used to frown upon it in the past but they are starting to realize that we the riders all agree that 5 balls is a good startig point. Any more and you may stall before it engages. :)

What do mark the spots with, permanent marker okay???

So light spring and 5 TC balls is what I will do then.

Thanks again, Jeff

What do mark the spots with, permanent marker okay???

So light spring and 5 TC balls is what I will do then.

Thanks again, Jeff

i'd go with the heavy spring,i tried the light one with 5/tc and even turned in quite far it was like a light switch on/off it felt as though it was stressing the drivetrain a little much. the heavy spring barely turned in worked alot smoother,yet still engages fully when you get up on it. way more control :)

Thanks NCMountainman just thought I would check the forum once more before I start the install.

So heavy spring with 5 TC balls, I think that was what Indy ended up with.

I will let you know how it goes. I will check back.

Thanks for the info, Jeff

try both heavy and light. only you know your riding style. use the settings of others to get a base to build on. these clutchs are so adjustable, it would be a mistake to not try some of the options. i use 5 tc balls and the light spring in the perch adjuster. i want that thing hooked up and going.

as far as marking the location of the balls, i don't think the marker will last. just make a small scratch.

I use the heavy spring (and 5 TC balls). The light spring engaged a little too close to idle for me. But like mtrablue said, give both springs a try. Takes all of 2 minutes to change out springs.

I'm running 5 tc balls w/the light spring...it engages just off idle and I love it!