HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
airport4

5.60 X18 10 Paddle will it fit an XR650R?

3 posts in this topic

I've done a few searches but couldn't find a clear answer to my question. I need to know if a 5.60 X 18 10 paddle tire will fit on an XR650? I'm running 14-51 sprockets so that should give me a little extra room. In the posts I read on the subject I saw some mention about shimming the exhaust? Are there modifications required to make it fit? Last month I spent 5 days at Dumont :D and was running a 5.30-18 8 paddle which worked really well at first but buy the end of the week the tire was wore enough that I was able to spin it while climbing :) It is also showing signs of the paddles starting to tear.

:)

I had to run a 14/45 sprocket to get the axle all the way back. I also had to run 30psi to help stop it from growing and hitting the swing arm. I ripped out the tail light and the wiring jumping the dunes at Pismo. I now have a 96~99 CR250 rear fender and that fixed that. The shin chen 560 paddle will help stop you from over rving to get up top and is easier on the engine then the 530 8 paddle.

Here are some pictures of the ten paddle on my bike.

Rear 10 paddle click here: :D

Side vew click here: :D

In the air: :)

CR250 Rear Fender: :)

All About the XR650R: :worthy:

I had to run a 14/45 sprocket to get the axle all the way back. I also had to run 30psi to help stop it from growing and hitting the swing arm. I ripped out the tail light and the wiring jumping the dunes at Pismo. I now have a 96~99 CR250 rear fender and that fixed that. The shin chen 560 paddle will help stop you from over rving to get up top and is easier on the engine then the 530 8 paddle.

Here are some pictures of the ten paddle on my bike.

Rear 10 paddle click here: :D

Side vew click here: :)

In the air: :D

CR250 Rear Fender: :)

All About the XR650R: :D

Thanks for the input :worthy:

I'm going to have to stay with the 8 paddle tire...My XR is dual sported and I wouldn't want the tail light and wiring to get tore off by the monster 10 paddle tire :D

I sure wish there was an 5.30-18 10 paddle tire made, anybody know of one?