HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
02YZ426

450 Flywheel For 426? Is There A Diff??

5 posts in this topic

Will the 450 flyweel work for my 426? The part numbers are different, but pretty close. Reason I ask is because Trailtech makes a flyweel for the 450 that will double my lighting output, but they dont have one for the 426. I need more wattage and figure that maybe it work. Did Yamaha change anything in the flyweels between the two years? :):D Thanks guys

I'm 85% certain you can't interchange them. But I can't say for sure. It might be that they could be interchanged if the stator was also changed, but there again, I just don't know.

If you're talking about a WR flywheel, it won't work at all until you change about $1000 worth of stuff over to fit in with it.

Thanks grayracer...... I kinda figured it wouldnt work. I guess I will have to save my pennies up and buy the Baja Designs external stator. Thats big$$$ expecially after all the dough I just dumped into the conversion. On the plus side, Its a ton of fun to ride on the street, so I guess it will all be worth it in the end.