HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redright

Crankcase Cover Guard 01' 426

6 posts in this topic

Anyone know if they make a guard that mounts to the frame for the left (shifter side) crankcase cover. I know they make plates to go on the cover, I would acutally like a guard that protects it from getting hit at all like the engine guard on the opposite side. I punched a hole in mine yesterday and that would have protected it. LMK. Thanks

ouch dude i just repaired my bike from that, but only guard i know of is that stupid chain guard doesnt work to well i had it on and it still punched a hole in mine

It happened to my buddy's bike last weekend. I've been trying to find a stator cover at the junk yards but have had no luck. A new one from the dealer is 110.00.

Actually Gerry you can get them here for about $67. Check oem. thumpertalk.com. I'm more concerned about the guard.

Check out ebay, there is always someone parting out a bike on there. I had that happen on my last bike and after i got it fixed i made a bracket/guard out of some beefy aluminum. I had access to a machine shop though, ask around, there is always someone good at making parts.