HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sharpmarble

Front sprocket question

12 posts in this topic

I'm putting new sprockets on my bros YZ426, what size is the nut on the front sprocket?

Help me out, I put forth this question in my forum but apparently no one has heard of this!!!! :naughty:

its a 28mm on the 426 mine was a right pain to get off, it would have been easier with an impact driver!.

27mm, is that the same as on a 99 400F? (not to hijack your thread or anything)

Might be. It's the same on both my YZF's and all the other later YZ's I've popped 'em off of.

Right hand threads. It's a 27 back to 97 and possibly earlier if I remember correctly. I know the 2000+ are 27's.

Normal thread. Air wrench takes it right off (leave the tranny in neutral), or leave the chain on and have a buddy stand on the rear brake while you loosen it with a wrench.

Almost forgot; don't forget to pick up a spare flat lock washer for the front sprocket. It's a flat washer and after you tighten the nut you have to bend it over the nut to keep it from loosening. They usually have several sides that can be bent so you can reuse it once, but if it has already been reused then you'll need a new one.