HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlpskydive

Counter Shaft sprocket cover

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone make a lightweight counter shaft sprocket cover for the L? The stock one holds mud like crazy and weighs 3 pounds. :naughty: would one off a 600 work??

Why not just take it off and leave it off, Mines off on my BRP , Had same prob.

would plug with mud.............. :naughty:

Why not just take it off and leave it off, Mines off on my BRP , Had same prob.

would plug with mud.............. :naughty:

It's off now and has been for awhile. I am a little worried if the chain breaks that it will hit the case without the guard.

I know on my old yam xt500 I cut a piece of metal like the letter "C" to go around sprocket ,in middle of links .(useing existing case holes from original cover). To keep chain from jaming in there and breaking something. Takes a little bit to cut and drill and shim but worked great ! Use a piece of cardboard and scissors to make template , and try to keep tolerence of "C" about a 1/4" no more from chain on sprocket , so chain cant double up & get jammed in if breakge occures. But find breakage is very scarce now days compared to when I was a kid . Better chains ? Wiser in adjustment and care ?

the countershaft cover on my 'L' is a plastic piece, with what seems to be a small sheet metal piece molded in ... whole thing weighs a coupla ounces .. ?? ... leave it off if the weight is an issue, (or urinate, ... that should even out the weight) ..

It's not really a weight issue it's the fact that it holds all that mud up there and it's just another piece that I have to take off when I change sprockets.

I took my Dremel and cut out the 3 oval channels. I think it is even faster now....speed holes. :naughty:

Brocku- How fast is your Dremel? Can you post pics of that faster/cooling mod?? I may try it- I just hate whizzing into the wind. :)