HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GIANTac1

05' xrl650 ?'s

5 posts in this topic

So far I am loving my new bike. I have a few questions...........

1. I am no expert but do the welds on your bike frame look like somebody spray painted over a pile of bird $h1t?

2. My bike gets really hot after a short ride. Uncorking it will help right?

3. My rear shock moves when I grab the spring and twist back and forth. No not the spring but the whole thing. Is this normal :naughty:

thanks guys

Josh

1. No not really...they are not the best welds I've seen but BS...???...as long as they are strong!

2. Air-cooled....They will get hot! Uncorking may bring down temps a bit but I don't know if it would be noticable on anything bot a thermometer.

3. Totally normal !

Synthetic oil will bring down the operating temp......... :naughty:

The shock thing does'nt sound normal, Is it still under warrenty.... :naughty:

So far I am loving my new bike. I have a few questions...........

1. I am no expert but do the welds on your bike frame look like somebody spray painted over a pile of bird $h1t?

Done by robots. Robots don't have bad days, don't care about aesthetics and aren't prone to making mistakes when thinking of the weekend when welding.

2. My bike gets really hot after a short ride. Uncorking it will help right?

Air-cooling only works when there's enough air movement over the engine. When idleing for long periods, riding at slow speeds or for short intervals, engine temps soar.

3. My rear shock moves when I grab the spring and twist back and forth. No not the spring but the whole thing. Is this normal :naughty:

thanks guys

Josh

Absolutely normal. This is part of the design for mono-shocks. It would be abnormal if it didn't rotate.