Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rider1958

side cover help request

7 posts in this topic

Would like to switch from white to blue side covers on my '01 WR426 - but only YZ side covers are listed in catalogs. Are they the same? If not, where to get blue WR side covers?

I would check into a billet aluminum company in your area take them your cover and have them make you one then take it to a anodizing shop in your area and have them anodize it. you will have a one of a kind side plate that you can have etched or engraved with anything and all under 100.00 easy just a thought :naughty:

Actually it's the white plastic side number plates I need help on. All listings for different side panels are for YZ's, they do not include the WR's like they do for other plastic parts, hence my question.

Who would I ask that might know? I would like to get blue side panels for my '01 WR426.

They are the same at least for the older models (mine's a '99).....you have to make some cuts for the WR to accommodate the overflow reservoir.

The Acerbis brand will actually have dotted lines to follow for your cuts.

I can't vouch for USA spec' WR's, but Aussie WRF's (400/426) have a wider sidecover on the RHS to clear the large round stock muffler. Aussie YZF's have an oval shaped muffler, and therefore a narrower RHS sideplate. When I fitted a YZF muffler to my WR426F, I bought UFO sidepanels. The RHS UFO sidepanel was around an inch narrower than the stock WR426F sidepanel. Hope this helps? :)