HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Titanium Fink

Crusty Header

7 posts in this topic

After a few rides my header pipe manages to bake dirt and mud onto it. Is there any way yall know of to stop this? Also, are there any good suggestions as to what will remove it?

Don't ride it and it won't get dirty.

To remove it I use a cloth nappy- wet it and leave it wet, feed it through between the header and the rad, hold each end and pull back and forth until clean.

Rub a little bacon grease on it. Nothin will stick to it and the smell will help you work up a healthy appetite

Hehe I just noticed this baked on mud between the radiator and the pipe when I was washing my bike yesterday... at first I thought it was already rusting (with 300 miles on it :naughty: ) but then I realized it was mud... I scrubbed alittle more and it came right off. :naughty:

Ti don't rust.

Yeah thats what I thought... which is why it suprised me so much when I saw the rust colored crusty stuff on what I was told was a TI pipe.