HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shaneyz450

could I please get an answer....

5 posts in this topic

I recomend you just buy the correct one. :naughty:

I will buy the correct one. It is called curiosity, they look exactly alike except the new one is a paper filter, other than that, exact match. Incase you didn't know, the 426 was reusable.

In 03 yamaha swapped over to paper filters because they lowered the amount of required oil in the bikes. The thought was with less oil it will get dirtier faster so it needs to be better filtered.

The brass filter works in all years of bikes. I use it in all 3 of ours (2 - 04 yz250f's, 1 - 05 yz450f).

In 03 yamaha swapped over to paper filters because they lowered the amount of required oil in the bikes. The thought was with less oil it will get dirtier faster so it needs to be better filtered.

The brass filter works in all years of bikes. I use it in all 3 of ours (2 - 04 yz250f's, 1 - 05 yz450f).

Thanks for the response. I have been buying new filters everytime I changed the oil. I was curious if it would be ok to use the filter or not. I guess you haven't had any bad luck with the brass filters, how long have you been using the brass ones?