could I please get an answer....

I have a new 426 oil filter left over from my '02 426. Can it be used in my '04 450? Has anyone done this? :naughty:

I recomend you just buy the correct one. :naughty:

I recomend you just buy the correct one. :naughty:

I will buy the correct one. It is called curiosity, they look exactly alike except the new one is a paper filter, other than that, exact match. Incase you didn't know, the 426 was reusable.

In 03 yamaha swapped over to paper filters because they lowered the amount of required oil in the bikes. The thought was with less oil it will get dirtier faster so it needs to be better filtered.

The brass filter works in all years of bikes. I use it in all 3 of ours (2 - 04 yz250f's, 1 - 05 yz450f).

In 03 yamaha swapped over to paper filters because they lowered the amount of required oil in the bikes. The thought was with less oil it will get dirtier faster so it needs to be better filtered.

The brass filter works in all years of bikes. I use it in all 3 of ours (2 - 04 yz250f's, 1 - 05 yz450f).

Thanks for the response. I have been buying new filters everytime I changed the oil. I was curious if it would be ok to use the filter or not. I guess you haven't had any bad luck with the brass filters, how long have you been using the brass ones?