HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rushfan

Clean air

8 posts in this topic

I pick up my new wr450 on Saturday and will do the mods discussed in the new blue thread (in this section) that all of you guys advised me on, but I was wondering what air filter to use? K & N, or Twin Air. I've always heard that K & N was the freest flowing, but doesn't trap the fine stuff. I must admit that I don't know much about the Twin Air though. Please advise... :naughty:

I run a TWIN AIR. Works great. I have also run UNI's before in a Honda XR. My therory is that if it is a 2 stage filter you will be fine. I think most of it comes down to brand preference.

Twin Air is a fantastic product! I have had 2 for 2 years now and they have no signs of wear or delamination of the glue at the seams! :naughty: I ride a lot! :naughty:

I ran K&Ns on my XR600, then quit when I saw dust in the airboot to the carb....now I run foam filters ONLY! UNI normally, cuz that's what mos dealers around here stock...

Twin Air :naughty: Get the one with the anti-backfire coating and lose the backfire screen in the cage. Much better air flow this way. DON'T get a K&N they are SH!T. :naughty: They sell them at Kragen for a reason. :D

Joe