Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GIANTac1

here she is.....

16 posts in this topic

I had a '82 cr 80 and sold it when my family moved to california from montana in '85. :naughty: I have been riding family members and friends dirtbikes ever since. This is my first on road riding experience.....fun stuff!

Nice Bike! :naughty:

I acn almost remember when mine was that shiny....then I went and laid it down on the first ride and scratched the fender. I like to think of it as getting character! :naughty:

Enjoy!

I remember when mine was pristine & didn't have any scratches. That lasted for about 2 hours. After I pulled my back out of shape lifting the monster I became more aware of how easily the front end washes out. Now I've got 15,000 on it & it's just as reliable as ever.... Come to Ridgecrest some time & we'll break it in properly. ..Congrats!

Thanks guys. I have a few questions about the bike.

1. Have you noticed the welds? Im not a expert on welding but some of them look like spray painted bird $h1t! Does yours look the same?

2. I understand its aircooled but my bike gets Hot after 15 minutes of riding. "Uncorking" it will help this right?

3. My rear shock has a little play when I grab it and twist :naughty:

Alright I am done for now......Thanks guys :naughty:

Josh

Looks awesome!! Have fun riding this weekend if you go. There is'nt a better feeling than walking out the next morning after getting a new bike and lookin at her......I guess excpet riding it. Have a good one.

2. I understand its aircooled but my bike gets Hot after 15 minutes of riding. "Uncorking" it will help this right?

3. My rear shock has a little play when I grab it and twist :naughty:

Uncorking will help. If you do a lot of slow (first gear) riding or idling at stops for extended periods...it will boil over. I ride with my kids a lot and it always happened...also in the tight woods after about 20 minutes. I used red line water wetter...same results. Then I tried engine ice. ..same results (maybe lasted a few minutes longer). I finally switched out to Evans NPG+. That cured the problem. Now it can idle for an hour w/o overheating and as I understand it the oil temps are staying in an acceptable level.

If you do a search on Evans you will find opinions on both ends of the spectrum. A lot of guys here run it with good results. It works great for me. It is about $27 bucks a gallon but you never have to change it. I got mine from mooneyes.

Good luck, Steve.