Honda's!!!!!!!!!ICK

ok so i am i nthe market for a new 450 and i have been lookin at honda's just because thats what i have always ridden but it would seem honda has gotten lazy with their 4 strokes and just made a crappy bike...nothin but valve problems and tensioner problems...i posted in the honda forum about the problems honda has had and some guy said....."what cam problems...you are misinformed there is nothing wrong with honda's".......i guess he forgot about all the posts in the honda forum that pertain to the valve problems and cam/cam tensioner problems......but i am really thinking about going toward blue....they are a good bike and there is just almost no problems with them...so i have a chance to get an 02 CRF450R for a fairly good price..but i think i am going to wait it out and get my YZF......not sure yet

I would say the Hondas are good bikes as well. I have friends that have zero problem and others with problems - The Yamaha is a more dependable bike but there are trade offs. Ergos, turning, suspension...all of which can be addressed with money. I would not buy a 02 CRF if you paid me - though - 1st yr problems :D - I would buy a 05 if I wanted a used Red bike. Just remember most 450's out there are red.......these days - very common.

Wait until the 06's come out - for Yamaha NEW alum frame. YZF's have been pretty much the same bike since 03 with small-sutile changes (this does not mean that you should not look at them also). I prefer the 03/04 power but wish they had the 05 suspension. :D

Suzuki will have 1st yr kinks worked out, and Honda will have a sweet ride as they do for 05. We are all praying the 06 Yamaha will be the bike to beat - but honestly, they are all good........ :naughty:

Kawi - 450....... :naughty:

my 2cents

I dont know if I would go recommending the 06 as though it will be as reliable as the previous years. They are said to be doing some pretty extensive engine mods in them and it could easily turn out to be a nightmare.

But one thing is for certain they will be fun while the run. :naughty:

I can't speak too much on the Honda product (I have never owned a Honda), however, I ride with many who do and the crf 450 is a reliable product and a good product. Yamaha has managed to carve a nice niche out for itself in the reliability department and this is good because many of us have not fully grasp racing 4 stroke technology. I've noticed many Yamaha owners take their bike's reliability for granted and slack on maintenance; however, the bikes still seem to hold up....that says something for the product. I treat my bike like it is my first....my baby....always cleaned, lubricated and checked regularly. The 06 product from Yamaha will be extensively modified we all probably can agree on that, but if Yamaha's past can speak for the present, The new bikes will be lighter, faster, safe and reliable. Good luck.

I hate to say it, but if Yamaha doesn't come out with an AF then I'm going red. I've rode enough CRF's to know that nothing handles as good as a recycled beer can. I love my YZF, but when I plop down my hard earned dollars for a new bike, its going to be for the bike I can go faster on. :naughty: Screw brand loyalty. I buy whats the best, whats proven, what I'm getting beat by at the local tracks. Right now its the CRF.

You know.

I don't want a MFing aluminum frame.

I enjoy being able to get to the carb and change my jetting quickly.

The framed doesnt NEED to be aluminum.

That makes me so sad. :naughty:

Uhh... Have you seen any of the pictures? The carb is slightly less accesible, yamaha didn't use humongus aluminum perimeter frames, and even then Its still 20x more accesible than the honda's and suzukis.