Spark plug help for 02 YZ 426

I recently ordered new plugs for my bike. The manuals lists CR8 as the type (NGK). I couldn't find those so I bought a CR8EB and CR8EIX from Rocky Mountain but the tops of the plugs wouldn't fit. :naughty: The stock spark plug has threads and is smaller at the top, whereas these guys

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/Product_Details.atv?pid=00039071

have a top that's solid and a few mm's larger than my stock plug.

I cleaned the stock plug and probably have a few more miles on it, but I'm looking for solutions. TT YZ crew? :naughty:

Can you not just replace the spark plug cap?

I recently ordered new plugs for my bike. The manuals lists CR8 as the type (NGK). I couldn't find those so I bought a CR8EB and CR8EIX from Rocky Mountain but the tops of the plugs wouldn't fit. :naughty: The stock spark plug has threads and is smaller at the top, whereas these guys

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/Product_Details.atv?pid=00039071

have a top that's solid and a few mm's larger than my stock plug.

I cleaned the stock plug and probably have a few more miles on it, but I'm looking for solutions. TT YZ crew? :D

I'm confused...anyone else?

What bike do you have?

These are the plugs for all YZF 426/450 ----- NGK CR8E (standard)and NGK CR8EIX (Iridium) Unscrew the top alum plug from the top of the new sparkplug - it needs to be removed to fit into the stock sparkplug wire/cap....

Unless you are running a different sparkplug wire/cap....... :naughty:

:naughty: Ok, thanks guys, I'll try that.

yea that peice on top thats too big SHOULD unscrew and youll be left with something you can use. :naughty: If im not mistaken all we need is the threaded post on top of the spark plug.

yea that peice on top thats too big SHOULD unscrew and youll be left with something you can use. :naughty: If im not mistaken all we need is the threaded post on top of the spark plug.

Thanks SP, this is my first dirt bike and I'm kind of unknowledgeable about a bunch of stuff. Things weren't fitting correctly and I wasn't going to :naughty: force the issue.

I don't know what I'd do without super sites like this one, thx again guys. :D

Thanks SP, this is my first dirt bike and I'm kind of unknowledgeable about a bunch of stuff. Things weren't fitting correctly and I wasn't going to :naughty: force the issue.

I don't know what I'd do without super sites like this one, thx again guys. :naughty:

Quartzite welcome to the dirt bike world and to TT. :D

So dude, what do ya think of that 426?

Stepped into some big shoes there for a first bike.