HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjnsr

Opinion on the Supertrapp IDS2 for the L

9 posts in this topic

Desnorkeled, unifiltered, drilled the slide, shimmed the needle (thanks xr650L Dave), and I LOVE IT! It is now wheelie time...

I tried to remove welds that hold the stock tip into my exhaust and destroyed the part of the muffler that the tip bolts into. :naughty:

So, now I'm looking into an aftermarket exhaust (then I'll rejet.) Anyone use, like, dislike, etc...the Supertrapp IDS2?

I've read the various opinions of the other pipes and don't recall anything on the Supertrapp.

You guys rock!

:naughty:

Rejet it first!! Love my ISD it's pretty load though. Enjoy. Also replace the stock bars with CR high bends ASAP best mod to date!!!! Totaly changes the bike....

Don't I have to wait to see how much leaner it will get with the new pipe before I rejet?

Don't I have to wait to see how much leaner it will get with the new pipe before I rejet?

See XR650LDave's posts on this. He's got it dialed in. It comes so lean from the factory; doing the other mods first just makes it worse.

For the L, the IDS2 QC is a good choice. Much lighter, tunable, won't melt your plastics, not too loud at all, and provides much better performance than the stock anchor. I'm running 7 discs on my '98 with all the standard mods and it performs really well.

I've had Trapps for years on my old XL's before they "invented" the term dual sport. They've been making good slip-on pipes for a long time. Definitely worth it.

Hi

Is there a really noticeable power increase with the Ids?? Mine is in the mail, waiting for it !!!

Hi

Is there a really noticeable power increase with the Ids?? Mine is in the mail, waiting for it !!!

Not really power, but snappyness?? Oh yea. make sure you have it jetted first or you will be dissapointed

I'm very happy with my IDS-2Q as well. As stated, small enough not to melt plastics, way lighter than stock and quieter. I replaced my straight Yoshi with it, and @ 5 discs, it is quite quiet and the back pressure actually gave me more low end.

Definitely recommended.

Al