HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjwr450

Man I need some advice

6 posts in this topic

I'm going to Baja for my annual 700 mile ride. We go unguided with no chase vehicles, so it is a real adventure. Problem is last year I took a Wr450 and it did great. Could have used another gear. But otherwise no flats, no issues. And we haul. Anyways this year the only large bore (2 other 250f's) I have is my 05 YZ450. I use this bike for racing, so I take good care of it. I hate to beat this bike up, on top of the gearing issue. Last year both my rims and header were toast. Add that and the fact that it will need a topend rebuild and the suspension (enzo) tuned back up. It adds up. Should I spring for a KTM 525EXC or MXC for this type of thing? I could probably sell one of my 250's.

525 EXC in the Baja :naughty:

Or perhaps an Xr650R for three grand less $$$. Use that as your Baja weapon.

I would go with a xr650r. Like Miguel159 said you should be able to find one pretty cheap.

Don't sell one of you 250s!!!! just go buy a newer used XR 600 or 650. Preferably the 600, since its so mechanically simple and DURABLE. It will run fine on Pemex too. :naughty: