HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlpskydive

The First mod you should do to your L

14 posts in this topic

I finally got around to changing out the stock (bend O matic) bars on my L. HOLY CRAP what a difference!!! I went with the CR High Bend and it feels like a totaly different bike. On of my freinds said man it feels like your bike lost 20 pounds. I would have never belived that simply changing the bend on the bars would have such a dramatic affect. Mine is piped, jetted filtered, smog block off, every piece of extra crap on it has come off and this by far has been the best mod yet. (ps this is just my opinion) :naughty:

How hard was the smog block off? Can a mildly retarded L rider do it?

Simple, even a severly retarded L rider can do it. A DRZ rider? Maybe? :naughty:

4strokes.com has an article about smog pump removal on there home page for technical articles, complete with pictures. Good luck.

Yeah, it was a little tricky on my 03 model because there were things not metioned in the directions. Took about 1.5hrs with the IMS kit.

*ps* what type of bars did you get and what color? And if so could you give the part # ?

I was looking at getting a new set of Tapers or Tags and want the high cr bend also.

thx

So.......the first mod is to crash and bend the bars, maybe break a few of the heavier things :naughty:

I have some 909 7/8" bars titanium color and I think the bend is mini high. It was the highest bend with the smallest sweep.

So.......the first mod is to crash and bend the bars, maybe break a few of the heavier things :naughty:

I have some 909 7/8" bars titanium color and I think the bend is mini high. It was the highest bend with the smallest sweep.

NO the first mod is to crash it several times and break more crap than you want to replace and then start fixing stuff. :naughty: The bars i picked were MSR CR high bends. went on great and feel even better. :D

I put a "You toucha my bike, I breaka you face" sticker on mine. By far the best mod out there...

I put a "You toucha my bike, I breaka you face" sticker on mine. By far the best mod out there...

That's got to be worth almost 2 ponies right there alone. :naughty:

nice!!! :naughty::naughty:

We need pics!

:naughty:

Okie dokie.

20548284-L

20548314-L

I have them set too far forward right now. Once I heal up from my crash I will adjust them...along with a few other things. :D

And yes....the bike is in my apartment. :naughty: