Crf650r

Hey guy's I have recently got a 01 xr650r and I love it, but before I bought it I decided I wanted to start a project, project CRF650R. The 650 is totally uncorked and I'm very happy with it I don’t want any ridiculous mods like 710cc's kits & thousands of dollars spent on it I just wanted

1) CRF styling

2) More power in the higher rev's not heaps more just a bit snappier

3) less weight or the illusion of less weight

4) CRF like ergos

I would like to hear the best way to go about doing something like this, has anybody tried this before?

Thanks

Brett

BrettJ, here are simple answers to your 4 questions:

1) CRF styling (get a CRF and pay 7K for a new one)

2) More power in the higher rev's not heaps more just a bit snappier (you need more power??? you got to be kidding...snappier get an edelbrock carb $480, cam bla bla bla)

3) less weight or the illusion of less weight (this is expensive, got titanium parts? most people end up putting more stuff than what they remove)

4) CRF like ergos (see answer to question 1)

there is no way of doing this without spending several thousand pesos.

we ride and race xr650r's for the last 5 years and I can tell you that you are in for a surprise.

As far as making the bike a bit snappier, could this be done by shaving some weight off the flywheel. That could also give the illusion of a lighter bike too. A quicker revving motor and less engine braking.

Just a thought.

cheers for the feed back, so what I have gathered from your responses is that it's not worth it. Fair enough I just thought It would be cool to have CRF plastics etc, like the CRF230F, how much better does it look than the XR200 did.

how much better does it look ....

I let the MX guys worry about how pretty the bike looks and how many cool stickers it has on it.

The XR650R is a true dez machine.

Any "cool" stuff that true dez racers put on the bike usually gets torn or scratched off in the first few miles, so it's not that important. :naughty:

:naughty:

I let the MX guys worry about how pretty the bike looks and how many cool stickers it has on it.

The XR650R is a true dez machine.

Any "cool" stuff that true dez racers put on the bike usually gets torn or scratched off in the first few miles, so it's not that important. :D

:naughty:

That's why I'm glad you get new stickers with every new purchasce. :naughty: