Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlindSide

Boysen QuickShot

13 posts in this topic

http://www.boyesen.com/article/articleview/99/1/26

Anyone tried one yet ? My buddy tried one out on his 2003 250F a few weeks back with great results so I bolted one on my 450. We'll see how it fairs this weekend, but just running around in my back yard, my bike feels electric now with absolutley no hesitation, just like fuel injection, just as advertised. More to come after I trail ride today.....if anyone is intrested that is. :naughty:

They've had the same thing out for older YZF's for quite some time, don't remember who it was made by though.. Anyway, heard only good results with that one too.

Not to be the spoiler here, but I installed one the other day, and at the track, I didn't notice any difference. Mine did not have any bog as some of you describe, it's always been very strong. Anyway, anyone else have the same experience as I did?

Not to be the spoiler here, but I installed one the other day, and at the track, I didn't notice any difference. Mine did not have any bog as some of you describe, it's always been very strong. Anyway, anyone else have the same experience as I did?

you didn't notice smoother throttle control? it was night and day difference :naughty:

you didn't notice smoother throttle control? it was night and day difference :naughty:

Mine was awesome, well worth the money.

I was wondering how this compared with the P-38? My parts guy told me that the P-38 is better, and is application specific. Yet, I have heard much more press on the Boyesen. Anybody have any opinions?

Thanks!

I was wondering how this compared with the P-38? My parts guy told me that the P-38 is better, and is application specific. Yet, I have heard much more press on the Boyesen. Anybody have any opinions?

Thanks!

the hole is higher on the boyesen than the p-38 allowing a higher fuel level in the pump bowl=less air to compress when activated=quicker,more controllable response :naughty:

I honestly didn't notice anything. :naughty:

They've had the same thing out for older YZF's for quite some time, don't remember who it was made by though.. Anyway, heard only good results with that one too.

Factory R&D made it. I had it on my 2000 and it made a huge diffrence in response. Still had the bog die when wacked open though. You had to roll to 1/8 throttle then whack it open and you were golden.