New use Decomp Plug (autoclutch users)

I don't recall seeing this posted before - since converting to the autoclutch I removed the clutch lever and always trying to save weight decided to remove the clutch actuating arm. Vibeguys (TT) decomp plug is a perfect fit to use as a plug. I just used a small strip of aluminum and the existing bolt to secure it in.

lightestYZF, it's been forever since I've seen you post! What is your 426 down to now weight wise? Dare I ask how much $$$ you've spent? :naughty:

Remove your Clutch Actuator Arm for a weight savings? You've got to be kidding, right? Fill your tires with Helium, use the thinnest latex tubes on planet earth, and with a drill, hollow out every knob on your tires and fill the holes with unobtanium..now that'll REALLY get that unsprung weight down to nothing.. I bet you could drop 15 lbs by doing this.

Dirty

You must be running a Revloc or EFM as Rekluse uses the actuator. Did you remove the rod? If so, do you realize about the oil pressure drop? I would worry but you might not. Why worry about weight if you ride a 426?

Fastest1, the instructions for the Revloc said to remove the rod if you remove the clutch cable to prevent hydraulic lock which could prevent the clutch from fully locking up. Engine is wet sumped but I don't know if that makes a difference or not. It is getting oil pressure to the head but unknown how much. Using a 400 engine at the moment so Rekluse was not an option (they don't make one for the 400). Have only run bike in this config for a few minutes, so I guess the jury is still out.

Cowboy, have not posted much because was not able to ride at all last year due to ankle fusion surgery. Anyway actually weighed the bike today - 213lbs ready to race with all fluids except empty gas tank (the carb float bowl was full). That is even after adding some weight by painting the frame, oversize front brake rotor, an O ring chain, the revloc autoclutch and raising fork oil to 105. Need the autoclutch because really can't shift bike very well anymore with the non moving ankle.

Still have a few things that could be be done to make the bike even lighter but at this point just want to get riding again.

EFM had said not to remove the rod when I built mine due to oiling problems. I dont know what the truth is. I did however deepen the oil grooves in it. I had cut off my actuator level with the top of the case and built an aluminum cover. It was great with the EFM but I changed to a Rekluse just because I had watched Al and his crew develop it here on TT over the years. It is a truly fine unit (not knocking the other brands at all, though their prices are higher and going back to stock isnt an option without some new parts). Is your ankle fused in both directions? Or did you lose only 1 function? Up and down or side to side? The autos are fun and good luck with the healing and return to riding. I just got to ride again for the 1st time since 12/18/03 after a ruptured achilles and surgery. It was fun but I was whipped!

Fastest1, the instructions for the Revloc said to remove the rod if you remove the clutch cable to prevent hydraulic lock which could prevent the clutch from fully locking up. Engine is wet sumped but I don't know if that makes a difference or not. It is getting oil pressure to the head but unknown how much. Using a 400 engine at the moment so Rekluse was not an option (they don't make one for the 400). Have only run bike in this config for a few minutes, so I guess the jury is still out.

Cowboy, have not posted much because was not able to ride at all last year due to ankle fusion surgery. Anyway actually weighed the bike today - 213lbs ready to race with all fluids except empty gas tank (the carb float bowl was full). That is even after adding some weight by painting the frame, oversize front brake rotor, an O ring chain, the revloc autoclutch and raising fork oil to 105. Need the autoclutch because really can't shift bike very well anymore with the non moving ankle.

Still have a few things that could be be done to make the bike even lighter but at this point just want to get riding again.

213lbs!!! Wow, would you post all the things you've done to slim down your YZF, I would love to put mine on a diet and have no clue were to start. Thanks.

Fastest1 - the ankle is fused for up and down (exactly the shift lever type movement). I do have some side to side to side motion. Been through 4 ankle surgeries since the original Dec 2001 injury so it has been a rough 3 years. All from overjumping a table top. Just started the bike back up - first time since the accident.

642MX - Do a few searches in this forum using phrases like "super light 426".

I posted a reply in a TonyDecoster started thread plus other people have chimed in. You have to skip over all the "just go on a diet crap" and "you are crazy" responses. Oh by the way I did go on a diet and lost 15 lbs (down from 190 to 175) so between me and my bike we are down 50 lbs since 2000. The hard part now is much of the light weight stuff is no longer available for the 400/426s.