HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yamahaulic03

Need Advice on YZ426.

5 posts in this topic

I am new to bike maintenance and im just wondering about a few things. I have a 2000 YZ 426 and I love everything about it. First off, how does Transmission oil work on my bike? Is the engine oil and Transmission oil the same thing? And I think my water pump may be dead, it feels like it is overheating a lot, how can i know for certain? Any feedback would be awesome!!

You sound like you need a manual.

The transmission and engine use the same oil supply, and the oiling system is a dry sump type, in which the oil is carried in the frame's built in oil tank, pumped through the engine and returned.

Search this forum for a link to a 426 manual in PDF.

Is it overheating or are you trying to ride it slowly as in trails? It is a motocross bike and has a very small cooling capacity, if left at idle sittiing even for a few minutes, the pipe will glow red and it will puke some coolant. That is common.