HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adaguy

What is the best oil?..Just Kidding..I changed from dino to rotella synthetic and wow

5 posts in this topic

I have been running Dello 400 15-40 oil for a long time and decided to change to Rotella synthetic after seeing unusual wear on my cam.

I have 60 hours on my bike and I change my oil every other ride so I am very familiar with the color of the used oil and also how much metallic sludge is on my magnetic plug.

After switching I was surprised to find that the used Rotella synthetic oil still looked like the day I put it in and my magnetic plug had very little metallic sludge. When I ran the Dino oil I would always have a good amount of metallic sludge on the plug (a little less than a sixteenth of an inch build up) and also the oil would be very dark.

So what am I saying? Well, nothing scientific, just my personal observation.

I am not bashing "dino oil" just wanted to give you my real world view and experience.

You do realize that Rotella is also a "diesel oil" (C* graded), don't you?

Just a better one apparently. :naughty:

You do realize that Rotella is also a "diesel oil" (C* graded), don't you?

Greyracer - there always Caster Oil !!!! :naughty:

Hey, castor is a damn good lubricant! That was all I used to run in my old British bikes. In several ways, it might be better than a lot of what we're all using now. But there's no multigrading it, it's pretty messy, and I don't think my clutch would like it very much. :naughty:

Just a better one apparently.
Indubitably :naughty: