HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MotoGoalie

Why I Bought Blue

10 posts in this topic

It is nice to be riding BLUE!!!!! I friggin' love my bike. I have not had an ounce of problem with it!!! Knock on wood! :naughty:

- blue is a less maint bike period! Beware cam chains and the cam tensioner should also be changed over time on blue bikes :naughty:

That is going to be expensive to fix! :naughty:

I don't know, I had to redo the head on my 250F already. It was only 4 years old and I'll bet it didn't have more than 450 hours on it. :naughty:

The post with the pictures on it looks like a timing problem, like a couple of the builders pointed out. It's too weird to have both exhausts snap off like that in one event.

I was thinking I'd do the 450 with SS valves to make it run longer, but It's gone 2 years without needing a valve adjustment, and this does sort of shake my faith in KW a little. Then again....

I don't know, I had to redo the head on my 250F already. It was only 4 years old and I'll bet it didn't have more than 450 hours on it. :naughty:

The post with the pictures on it looks like a timing problem, like a couple of the builders pointed out. It's too weird to have both exhausts snap off like that in one event.

I was thinking I'd do the 450 with SS valves to make it run longer, but It's gone 2 years without needing a valve adjustment, and this does sort of shake my faith in KW a little. Then again....

Yeah, my 00 426 really sucks. I've had to change the oil so many times I can't count it. Iv'e had to check my valve clearances several times too. It takes me TWO FULL CRANKS to start it when it's cold. I've had a few flat tires, and those grips tear up everytime I fall. Man, this thing is broke all the time! :naughty:

wow those pics of that CRF motor are scarey indeed. Never had one ounce of motor trouble with my YZF. Kirtwell had an 01 with well over 400 hours on it and never a problem....and some of you know how he rides.... WFO!!

I think if I rode red I'd always have a nagging fear in the back of my head that something like that was about to happen.

I think if I rode red I'd always have a nagging fear in the back of my head that something like that was about to happen.

If I was a Honda rider riding more than 2 miles from the truck I'd always carry a pair of walking shoes with me. :naughty: You think Honda includes them in that little dorky tool bag when you buy a new one? :naughty:

Ditto.