Tire riping torq or crappy tires ?

I have the darnedest time keeping rear tires in tact for more than 8-10 rides before loosing a dozen or so knobs. I ride on a lot of differant tracks with mixed terain, hard pack to sandy loamy conditions. I have so far destroyed Kenda Millville, K257D Dunlop 659, 756. Any one have the magic answer ? :naughty:

It sounds like your tires to me. I run the Bridgestone M602 I find it lasts a real long time in all terrain. Its great in medium-hard pack and still does ok in sandy conditions. If you run soft compound tires in hard packed or rockey conditions, then the knobbies will start coming off.

The 756 is a great rear tire. Very light , too. Unfortunately, they wear out really fast. I've never seen one chunk, though.

I use a Maxxis Maxcross IT. Works good in everything but the very softest soils (it works in soft stuff, but there are better soft surface tires), bites in a straight line better than the Dunlop, corners about the same, and lasts at least three times as long, especially in the first few rides.

739G you let us know if you rip knobs off a 739G. :naughty:

Try Maxxiss IT's. I have had great luck with them on both MX and Trails. Works good on soft and hard terrain.

:naughty:

Won't rip the knobs off but the 739G (designed for the 4-stroke) wears way..way... too quick. Obviously how one rides and the surface they ride on can strongly determine this...

I am an intermediate Vet and won't ever run a 739G again. :naughty:

Not trying to hijack the thread but does anyones chain take chunks off the side knobbies?

The corners of em?

I agree with Greyracer!!!!! MAXXIS is the only way to fly! I have used them from very sandy conditions to very hard pack and they seem to work great.... I have about 30 hrs on current rubber is isn't even close to being changed out!!!! The corners are barely rounded off!!!

MAXXIS

I have the darnedest time keeping rear tires in tact for more than 8-10 rides before loosing a dozen or so knobs. I ride on a lot of differant tracks with mixed terain, hard pack to sandy loamy conditions. I have so far destroyed Kenda Millville, K257D Dunlop 659, 756. Any one have the magic answer ? :naughty:

Yea you want a tire you can not destroy period?????????????????

Michelin MH2 ----- the longest lasting tire you will ever buy! :naughty:

"The 756 is a great rear tire. Very light , too. Unfortunately, they wear out really fast. I've never seen one chunk, though.

I use a Maxxis Maxcross IT. Works good in everything but the very softest soils (it works in soft stuff, but there are better soft surface tires), bites in a straight line better than the Dunlop, corners about the same, and lasts at least three times as long, especially in the first few rides."

What he said.

what psi are you running?

I have been running generaly 12-15 psi. I just purchased a Michelin M-12 because of the massive knobs and their spacing and after riding on it this weekend I would have to say man this thing really hooks in mixed terrains. I'll let you know how it holds up as time goes by. :naughty:

Well 10 rides on the M-12 and still holding up well. :)

Here's the deal. "Soft terrain" tires are hard compound and therefore will chunk knobs if run in hard stuff. "Hard terrain" tires are soft compound by design so they won't chunk knobs, but as a result tend to wear down faster overall. :)