Need 2005 XR650L Tire Advice Please!

Hi guys, I have a 2005 XR650L. I LOVE it. A really nice guy from these forums helped me do all of the modifications in my signature, but now I realize I need new tires. I'm running the stock ones, and clearly they suck.

So far, almost all of my riding has been on the street, but I will be taking it on a lot of dirt rides in the near future. Desert rides, logging road rides, that sort of thing. Probably not a lot of mud, but loose dirt and rocks, etc.

Can someone recommend good tires for me? I also don't know what sizes to get. Any help is MUCH appreciated! Not sure what other info you need, but I'm about 6'4 230lbs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 XR650L. Air snorkel removed, FMF Q2 pipe, smog junk gone, Keihin 158 main jet, 55 short pilot jet out 2 turns, needle shimmed, holes drilled out to 5/32, K&N filter, thermometer dipstick, etc...

Terra-Flex, Terra-Flex, Terra-Flex. It was made for the BRP. Just watch out for the unexpected hook up

The 140-series MT21 is quite good as well, a bit better-mannered than the 'flex, and might be a better choice if you're more of a fire-road man than a mud-n-sand kinda guy.

The terrorflex can't be beat for all-out hookup, though!

Dave

chet-

I've got a '03 650l with 16k and my best recommendation is the IRC GP110-Its got all the road you can ride and is surprisingly a very good dry dirt tire.its also very quite,durable(approx. 3000mi+),gets great gas milage. Its truly a dual-sport tire.--Good Luck

I just put a Teraflex on my bike a few days ago and only ridden it like 5-6 mi.

Impressions:

It showed wear after only minimal mi. because of very soft composition

Its deffinatly much more suited for dirt thrashing and rock tossin' versus street thumpin'

It makes the bike a few inches taller, which is a pain since I am 6ft 0in.

It doesnt feel as fun and comfortable on roads like a good Dunlop etc.

I am gonna put some dirt on it this weekend and am sure it will shine big time in the hills...but if your planning to log a lot of street riding I wouldnt buy one.

Jim

The 'flex tempers a bit, and the rate of wear goes down quite a bit.

Dave