I'm in love

Why did no one tell me sooner about the front brake mod for the pig. Holy fu$!. You can fill in the blanks. I live in the mountains and have found the pigs front brake to be..... well. Weak!. Well the problem is solved. Now I have brakes to match the power. 5 years on this thing and now I can stop it in a hurry with just two fingers. This is now my most bestest mod to date.

Why the secret?.... Why?!!!!!!!.

19890851-L.jpg

Before

19890854-L.jpg

Bigger is better

19890860-L.jpg

Tinker tinker

19890872-L.jpg

19890867-L.jpg

After

19890843-L.jpg

Nice post Max Power. :naughty:

Don't leave us hangin' though. :D

Where'd you get it and how many clams do we BRP riders need to shell out to get one? :naughty:

You now have my attion, so now here comes the big question. Where and how much, and do they have it for the L?

Nice post Max Power. :naughty:

Don't leave us hangin' though. :D

Where'd you get it and how many clams do we BRP riders need to shell out to get one? :naughty:

I got it from Rocky Mountain. CLICK HERE FOR INFO.

hey guys it cant be that hard!!

the first pic does have the brand and part number!!

You now have my attion, so now here comes the big question. Where and how much, and do they have it for the L?

I got it from Rocky Mountain. Website I don't know if they have it for the L.

Yeah, but we're looking for the best deals Mugen. $$$

Thanks for the info Max Power.

That's on my short list of mods...

1) Fix Edelbrock Carburetor

2) Large footpegs, right peg fix

3) Set up suspension

4) EBC Oversized Brake Rotor

:naughty:

I couldnt find them for the XR650L model...

oh well one less mod to save beans for..he he

I plan on doing that after my stock rotor wears out or I bend it... :naughty:

What did you use for pads..........

I always go back to honda pads for my bike. Same price and they WORK. For the pis-poor performance from our heavy pigs front brake I went with galfer steel braided lines and a full bleed, obviously. The front brakes are much better now. I'll have to try the oversize rotor sometime. Definitely getting a new sharfin when I do though $$. I used Rocky Mountain for that stuff also.

I plan on doing that after my stock rotor wears out or I bend it... :naughty:

What did you use for pads..........

I used stock Honda pads.

I've got a 280mm wave rotor (along with a perfect scar on my leg from it--different story) from Barnums. A while back he was having a real blowout sale on them. Drop them a line they may still have them.

saw the pixture, I have one of those anodized gold colored brackets in the pile of extra parts my little pig came with... also a bigger disc will have to try to see if they fit?

saw the pixture, I have one of those anodized gold colored brackets in the pile of extra parts my little pig came with... also a bigger disc will have to try to see if they fit?

Cool.

I went to stainless steel braided Galfer lines thinking that would help with the week Front braking of the pig. I have tried stock, sintered, carbon, and a new rotor but, I still can't do stoppies on the BRP. No problem on the XR400. I think this might be the answer??

Max Power will this pop the back up? I just don't have the balls to hit the front long enough to pop the back up with even the S/S braided line. The front brakes just don't hit hard enough quick enough.

I went to stainless steel braided Galfer lines thinking that would help with the week Front braking of the pig. I have tried stock, sintered, carbon, and a new rotor but, I still can't do stoppies on the BRP. No problem on the XR400. I think this might be the answer??

Max Power will this pop the back up? I just don't have the balls to hit the front long enough to pop the back up with even the S/S braided line. The front brakes just don't hit hard enough quick enough.

I think our stoppie problem comes from the fact that the XR650R er I mean 680's are raked way out. Stay tuned. I will post pics. Hopefully not from my hospital bed. :)

I bought an EBC on Ebay yesterday. The guy said he would ship it before end of business last night. If it gets here today I'll have it installed for WCTT this weekend.

Lee

I couldnt find them for the XR650L model...

oh well one less mod to save beans for..he he

There is a 320mm kit for the L

Definitely affordable if I can convince my wife. :)

Stoppies can be done on the stock set up, though I wish I would have picked up this oversized rotor when I bent my old rotor last month. DOH!