Tire Iron question

Seems somewhat obscure, but I thought I'd take the chance. Has anyone had a problem with the Ty Davis Ultimate tire irons breaking on them? I was changing out my rear tire and had the handle snap off, the metal snapped back, crushing my thumb. I'm now all splinted up with no movement and no feeling in my thumb. Just curious if anyone else had this problem or if I'm just unlucky.

Not me. I use two good ole craftsman 1" combination wrenches (don't fit anything I have) with the open end sawed off, and the end rounded, notched, and smoothed.

What length are you using? Is it the 17" with the metal handle, or one of the smaller ones with the plastic handle? I've changed a few tires with mine and no problems. You must be really torqing that thing.

You could have a law suit going for you

It was the smaller one with the plastic handle. Turns out the damn thing only goes less than 3/4 of an inch into the plastic handle. Pretty poor design if you ask me. Anyone think I could get the company to send me a new set to replace it?

It was the smaller one with the plastic handle. Turns out the damn thing only goes less than 3/4 of an inch into the plastic handle. Pretty poor design if you ask me. Anyone think I could get the company to send me a new set to replace it?

I believe they would. If you send a non threatening letter, saying that you've "always liked their products" but you seemed to have gotten a defective one, I think they would hook you up.

I personally like the small, all metal ones.