HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
simimi

Honda Style front brake line, bracket ideas?

14 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just picked up a new Galfer front line, and want to route it Honda style. What are the options to clamp it to the fork guard? I see the new Carbon fork guards at $99 but hoping for a cheaper solution.

Thanks

Mike

Brandon,

Does the Lightspeed fork guard use the OEM clamp that holds the hose to the front of the fork near the axle, or does it come with one?

Brandon,

Does the Lightspeed fork guard use the OEM clamp that holds the hose to the front of the fork near the axle, or does it come with one?

I'm not positive, but since their site doesn't specifically say it comes with it I'm going to assume that is not included.

Grayracer,

you got any pics of the front end of your YZ? I'm real curious as to how the stock routing is.

Thanks,

Brandon

I just bought one from old blue,its awesome and easy to install,heck of a great guy too!!

I did the same mod with the galfer ss line and cr routing. I built my own clamp using the stock fork guard. I will take a picture tonite and post tomorrow. I think it looks good, it is made out of two small blocks of aluminum with a half and half clamp system that piches the break line so it will not move. By the way my front brake is much better than stock since the ss line was added.

simimi and BrandonV, if your bikes are 00 models you should also consider swapping the master cylinder for newer Yammie or a Honda unit, the stock 00 M/C blows.

simimi and BrandonV, if your bikes are 00 models you should also consider swapping the master cylinder for newer Yammie or a Honda unit, the stock 00 M/C blows.

Already did. World of difference :naughty: