HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BOBCRF450

Xr 650L Dual sport tires

7 posts in this topic

Hello I'm looking for some recommendations on a good set of dual sport tires.I'll be riding 80-90% street so I would like a tire that is better on the street but on occasion hit a dirt road here and there.

Bob-

Try a set of IRC GP110's--They have all the street performance you can ride(they are AWESOME)and their suprisely a very good DRY dirt tire. Also very quite,durable(3k-5k miles approx),and give great gas milage. Hope this helps--Good Riden

I've got the D606 front and rear. While I would say the rear works great for me on and off road the front sucks on the road. Everything past 55mph and my front starts slinging. Interstate 65+ and it gets too scary for me :naughty:

Det

I have a Pirelli MT 40 rear on my XR650L. Haven't had any problems with it, mostly driving on the street with some light off road riding in between. I was wondering what others thought of this tire as there is very little mention of it online.

I've got some Kendra 270's that are like new for sale. They are perfect for what you're looking for. I ended up going with a set of supermoto rims/tires for my street riding, so i no longer have the need for dual sport tires. Let me know if youre interested.