How many horsepower is a Yz 85 running?

Message added by ThumperTalk

o and pimp-daddy, it depends on what yours, and your friends weights are. if hes like 150 adn ur 118 then it can make a difference. but my brother won everyone of his races this past year on his yz be4 we even got a pipe. the only kid keeping up with him was a kid on a bored out kx 85 adn sometimes another on a bored yz 80. steven (my bro) was catching up too and passing have of the 85 jr class at baja mx, after they took off be4 him. so my opinion is yamaha is the better of the 85s

it only has 14 "real world horse power @ the rear wheels, I have a 87' yz80 and it is the fastest little bastard I've ever ridden though, faster than the CR80 ,I know you are talking about a yz85' but mine is bored to a 84cc- stock is 82cc anyway.. ok now let's stop all this talk of 2smoker's/ 14hp is all you have....

*if there were'nt so many sheep there wouldn't be so many lion's!

it only has 14 "real world horse power @ the rear wheels, I have a 87' yz80 and it is the fastest little bastard I've ever ridden though, faster than the CR80 ,I know you are talking about a yz85' but mine is bored to a 84cc- stock is 82cc anyway.. ok now let's stop all this talk of 2smoker's/ 14hp is all you have....

*if there were'nt so many sheep there wouldn't be so many lion's!

IMPOSSIBLE...My 2003 CR85 had 17.

• 3 years later...
my 2006 cr85 had 21 horsepower bone stock. now i have a 105cc big bore kit fully ported, vforce reeds, sst pipe, and a powernow. now its runnin around 31 hp.

? ? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. No way is a bored out 85 going to make that kind of power show me a dyno chart before and after and maybe I'll believe you . A 250 can barely push 50 if that.

? ? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. No way is a bored out 85 going to make that kind of power show me a dyno chart before and after and maybe I'll believe you . A 250 can barely push 50 if that.

Same here. ?