HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trickwarrior

JD vs DJ

6 posts in this topic

I'm sure everyone has an opinion but I need to ask. I'm getting ready go to Moab and want to make sure my jetting will be right. THe long and short is I would like to put a jet kit in it before I go. Who's is better and why? Dyno Jet or JD.

99 WR400

E series pipe.

All free mods

OK looked at dyno jet and they don't even list one is JD my only choice? Hear good things bout JD. I just ordered the zip ty screw.

I'm sure everyone has an opinion but I need to ask. I'm getting ready go to Moab and want to make sure my jetting will be right. THe long and short is I would like to put a jet kit in it before I go. Who's is better and why? Dyno Jet or JD.

99 WR400

E series pipe.

All free mods

I put in the JD kit in my WR450 and wasn't real pleased with the initial results. After tearing apart my carb, I had found that the dealer didn't jet it as they said they did. I put in a 48 pilot, 40 leak and the JD Red #5 and my bike rips!! If jetted correctly, JD kits are awesome :naughty:

You mean they charged you and did nothin? I'm going to order the JD kit and put it in. You think we are bout the same elevation here. I'm at just over 2000ft.

You mean they charged you and did nothin? I'm going to order the JD kit and put it in. You think we are bout the same elevation here. I'm at just over 2000ft.

Yeah, Amazing huh? THey put in the needle but didn't change the pilot and I gave them a 170 main and there was a 175 on my bike-It ran like shit till I rejetted myself-Lesson learned!! :naughty::naughty::D

P.S. Where I ride is about 2000-2500 elevation, 65-85 degrees

I dunno if Dyno Jet makes a kit for our bikes or not...

But IMO JD Jetting is the better choice, simply because of his contributions to Thumpertalk... and if you ever need any help with the kit, his free advice is only a couple clicks away.