Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beasleys

12oz WEIGHT OR 14oz for '01 426

8 posts in this topic

What size Flywheel weight would you all get for a '01 426. 95% of my riding is on Florida trails that can either be very wet or very sandy and not much in between. I am a novice rider with only 8 months on the bike. I am at least going to go with the 12 oz weight but am not sure if I should go ahead and get a 14 oz just to make it that much better. The recluse would be nice but that price is out of the rising gas price budget right now.

Try doing a seach on the subject, it's been discussed here quite a bit. Also check out Stealhy's website for thier suggestions. :naughty:

regear it to a 13/50 and do a 10oz, freaking awesome! I run setra enduros and scrambles perfect in sand or mud

From what most people are saying, the 12 oz. works best. Steahly has a chart for bikes and riding style to determine what is probably best. You should take a hard look at the 12. I personally am going to order the 10 oz. tomorrow (sorry Goosedog) but I've been riding along time and am pretty agressive in the woods.

I personally am going to order the 10 oz. tomorrow (sorry Goosedog) but I've been riding along time and am pretty agressive in the woods.

Hey no prob man, let us know how you like it. :naughty:

What size Flywheel weight would you all get for a '01 426. 95% of my riding is on Florida trails that can either be very wet or very sandy and not much in between. I am a novice rider with only 8 months on the bike. I am at least going to go with the 12 oz weight but am not sure if I should go ahead and get a 14 oz just to make it that much better. The recluse would be nice but that price is out of the rising gas price budget right now.

keep in mind that the rekluse adds about 8oz fww,so if you plan on getting it later you might consider going lighter.

I just received my 10oz. from Steahly. I ride tracks and trails and have been riding for awhile. I wanted to soften the mid-range hit, but not get rid of it alltogether.. Let you know how I like it when I get it installed..

Thx,

Brian

Just put a 4 oz on my 03 450 , its sweet!!! the power is smoother and less abrupt, and the engine braking is less. but i ride tracks mainly. :naughty: