HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
my98mugen

Anybody have a BIG GUN head pipe.....

10 posts in this topic

Anybody have a BIG GUN head pipe for there 650. and do you have any pictures?

it looks like the left pipe runs in the frame instead of out front.

must be close tolerance

i wanna see some pics!

It is a very tight fit! The left cyl exhaust pipe is 'cheated' a bit where it connects to the cylinder head. It actually touches the stud on the right cylinder mount flange.

I can't speak to the performance as I only ran the drilled-out stock setup for one short ride.

Dave

Tirebiter, what do you use on your forks, are those seal savers or what. And how to they work for mud and dust?? I have a Big Gun pipe but personally don't care for it or the engineering, If I have to replace it would look elseware but again thats my opinion.

i have a Big Gun sitting in a pile next to the cracked cases, bent valves and worn sprockets...that pipe barely lasted a season. i think i lost 1-2 horsepower when it was on. Sure was loud...poorly fitting, prone to leakage, often re-packed, tarnished, and not cheap. Did i mention it was annoyingly loud and rattled to pieces after a few thousand miles?

I have my Big Gun race series headers and silencer out in the shed. The fit was terrible, the pipes cracked, the silencer literally fell apart and leaked.

Power was no good! Flattened the entire rpm range lessening the punch of the 650R. Ruined the normally massive low-end torque, no matter how the bike was jetted, and, last but not least, it was annoyingly loud and raspy.

PIECE OF JUNK those big gun pipes. Dont waste your money dude.

Here is a pic of my bike two years ago after I had somehow forced the pipes to fit on there, but the silencer mounting bracket would not line up anywhere close to fitting it's mount on the frame.

Also included is a pic of my bike as it appears now, in April '05, with the excellent stock headers back on.

XR1.jpg

650R_4.jpg

Dayum, you gotta dump that a few times! It looks like its never been ridden!

Dave