Someone please Help

I have finally got a 05 WR 450 after years with no bike. :D Last bike was 98 YZ 400 :D that would pull the front end off the ground in any speed and any gear :naughty: I have read alot on this site, and I am impressed. But I need help I have found the Gray wire( between the blue/white and red/white?) but don't know weather to cut or pull and is it really that much better :naughty: and also is the JD kit worth it. I want to be able to pull the front wheel off the ground again in any gear at any speed without losing any bottom end :D any help would be ?

If you think your getting that piggy's front end up in 5th gear you better think again :naughty: , there is no problem 1-3 but after that you better sitting behind the bike with clutch in and pinned before you attempt a 4th gear wheelie or you gonna be disappointed..

later

Rich

If you think your getting that piggy's front end up in 5th gear you better think again :D , there is no problem 1-3 but after that you better sitting behind the bike with clutch in and pinned before you attempt a 4th gear wheelie or you gonna be disappointed..

later

Rich

ya,thats the kind of advice that'll keep you from sitting down for a couple weeks. no probs lifting mine in 4th and i weigh more than the bike does,i'll have to agree with 5th taking a little coaxing,just a little extra clutch and throttle when shifting out of 4th. just keep in mind the balance point on a wr is not very wide :naughty: you can wheelie these bikes t'ill you run out of real estate (or flip it one) been there dun that :naughty:

If you think your getting that piggy's front end up in 5th gear you better think again :naughty: , there is no problem 1-3 but after that you better sitting behind the bike with clutch in and pinned before you attempt a 4th gear wheelie or you gonna be disappointed..

later

Rich

My 05 WR will pull easy 4th gear wheelies with no clutch work at all. :naughty:

if your bike was bought locally, most likely the wire is already disconnected. if not, pull the plug out instead of snipping the grey wire and tape it up, also take out the exhaust baffle. if your in the lower mainland, jetting should be ok. if you want tweak for better performance the jd kit is a great investment

for wheelies rev to the high end of 4th, stand up and yank the bars. or sit on the end of the seat and twist the throttle. either way your walkin' like a chesire cat...

I must have something really messed up on mine then. I can't get it pull a wheelie in 1st let alone 4th or 5th.

05 WR450F wire mod, baffle removed, snorkle pulled out of the airbox, smog pump removed, 168 main. Everything else is stock

Have you modified the throttle stop? That will give you more juice!!! Even with the external baffle removed the internals on the 05 are still pretty restrictive. Do a search. There are some great post on how to modify your exhaust completely. The JD kit, along with the adjustable fuel screw, helped my bike tremendously.

The dealer I bought my 450 said they took care of all the mods. I checked it and everything looks to be done. I will have to find some photos as to what the throttle stop mod is to see if they did it or not.

Ahhhh. I finally got the wire out, ordered a yz throttle stop, and JD jetting kit and AIS kit has been shipped :naughty: I'm sure I'm going to happy. Thanks to all for your help and replys. :naughty: By the way the 05 Canadian model is the same as our good friends to the south