HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
737Captain

JD Red needle

4 posts in this topic

Okay, where do I get a JD Red needle for the jetting recommendations on my 03 WR 450. I called my local Yamaha dealer and they didnt know what I was talking about. The mechanic also thought I was on dope when I asked for a #50 leak jet. Whats up with that. I also need a 68 starter jet which they dont have. I also tried the TT store online with no luck. Somebody help please!!!! :naughty:

Okay, where do I get a JD Red needle for the jetting recommendations on my 03 WR 450. I called my local Yamaha dealer and they didnt know what I was talking about. The mechanic also thought I was on dope when I asked for a #50 leak jet. Whats up with that. I also need a 68 starter jet which they dont have. I also tried the TT store online with no luck. Somebody help please!!!! :naughty:

TT store for JD Jetting needles..

http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/ for the jets :naughty:

#50 Leak Jet p/n is 4JT-1494F-07-00, for the #40 it's 4JT-1494F-03-00

#68 Starter Jet is 3TJ-1494F-14-00

Go to Bike Bandit at http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/popupwizard.asp?beginorder=yesand punch in the numbers to order them. They're in San Diego, so if the stuff is in stock, you'll have it in a couple of days. You can also take the p/n's to your local stealer and they'll order them up for you at twice the price.

The JD needles aren't sold separately, you'll need to buy the whole kit from the TT store. There you have it...SC