hard front brake

This spring i noticed my front brake seems hard to pull. last year when i got my bike it seemed like just barely touching the front brake would lock the front tire. anybody got any ideas as to why it pulls so hard now?

Have you pulled the lever off and cleaned the pivots? Maybe dirt under the dust cap at the master cylinder.

dont think its dirt.. any other suggestions?

Do you mean that the lever is hard to pull in or that you have to pull the lever harder than you used to get the bike to stop?

i have to pull the lever harder than i used to to stop the bike.. seems like i cant even lock up the front tire anymore

I had this problem with my 426. I finally solved it by using a scotch brite pad on a rotary air tool. Took about 10 mins to remove the glazing off the disk. After a couple pulls on the lever at speed, the tire was ready to lock. I don't know how long till the disk glazes again but its a cheap fix for now. Somebody else mentioned the master cylinder on the 2000(?)'s sucked and was replaced in 01. Do a search.. I think its a recent topic.

Have you looked at your front brake pads? Maybe its time for a new set.

Somebody else mentioned the master cylinder on the 2000(?)'s sucked and was replaced in 01. Do a search.. I think its a recent topic.

i seen that and thats what reminded me to post about this actually... i'm pretty sure my pads arent shot but i did notice it has like a film on the disk so maybe i'll try cleaning that up and see what happens.