Its Me that kid who wants to get a WR

Hi im that 15 year old again. I just want to know how the bike would be for easier for me to handle if i left the throttle stop in and the exhaust. could it be easier to handle if i left that in. does that make it a pretty tame bike.

OH yea. Im 15, 6', 140lbs and growing, should i get the XR 400 or WR 400.

15 years old?

I wouldnt discriminate against anyone because of their age but if I was to give a 15 year old some advice on what bike to get I would definatly tell him to get the XR. If you have substantial riding abilitys (be honest, because if you dont you could regret your decision) then I would say you would probably enjoy riding the WR in the dez. (Didnt I read somewhere you ride out west?)

Finally, I would recommend leaving the stop in, but as far as the exhaust goes I wouldnt think that would make a extreme difference either way. Its gonna be pretty hard to make this bike "tame".

You did mention you are 6', so thats definatly in your favor because I have always considered the WR a fairly tall bike.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with!

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

i am 15 years old 135 pounds and 5/9. I really like my wr and i would recomed it to any one. I chose this over the xr because of motor, suspension and weight. The xr is a good bike but the wr is a step above it.

My 16 year-old son is 155 lbs, about 5'11 and growing. He LOVES to ride my WR. He rides a DR strictly for financial reasons. Plus, I'd never be able to catch him if he had a WR! :)

Yank that throttle stop! You can always ride a fast bike slow, but you can't ride a slow bike fast! Get rid of it!

------------------

99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Uni filter,E-Series pipe,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,lights removed,YZ tank,13 tooth sprocket