Motor died, big bore time

At the end of my ride today my WR426 all of a sudden started to backfire and wouldn't idle. My guess is that the top end finally died. I have almost 5000 miles on the bike, does this sound right?? I'm thinking that is has something to do with the ignition timing, any thoughts??

MyBikeontheTrail.jpg

3000 is nothing for a 4banger

It has been mostly dunes and wide open desert riden near the rev limiter. I ment 5k not 3k. Still I know that is not much.

At the end of my ride today my WR426 started to back fire and wouldn't idle. My guess is that the top end finally died. I have almost 5000 miles on the bike, does this sound right??

Well, the image didnt help me in diagnosing your problem. But I'd be willing to bet you have either a fuel delivery or a spark problem, and I'd start with the spark area first!

toyota_mdt_tech, thanks.

well I think that I have found the problem with my bike. I kicked it the other day and no luck starting it. I put the choke on and it fired right up first kick. I let it idle for a couple seconds and then turned the choke off and it died. I believe that my idle circuit in the carb is plugged, something isn't right in the carb. What a relief, I was worried it was going to be much much worse. :naughty: