xr650 suspension help

I'm 6'2" 230lbs and looking to make some suspension mods to my 2000 XR650r. Any suggestions? I am an intermediate rider that preferrs resistance to bottoming over plushness in terrain that includes some tight single track and open fireroads, east coast style. I would be interested in a few mild motocross sessions if that wouldn't be too much to ask!?!! Will stock springs handle this type of application? I think I have a couple bottles of 7w fork oil and one 5w. Stock oil level? Shim stack configuration?

You're too heavy for the stock springs which are 9.5 kg springs with are for a 180lb rider. You most likely would need a 10.5kg spring with corresponding front springs. You can check the www.eibach.com for their spring rate charts. Springs are really not the determining factor in plushness and bottoming out. That is all controlled by valving.

I sent my suspension to Precision Concepts, they do 650R's better than anyone. I figure if it's good enough for Team Honda, it OK for me.

You're too heavy for the stock springs which are 9.5 kg springs with are for a 180lb rider. You most likely would need a 10.5kg spring with corresponding front springs. You can check the www.eibach.com for their spring rate charts. Springs are really not the determining factor in plushness and bottoming out. That is all controlled by valving.

I sent my suspension to Precision Concepts, they do 650R's better than anyone. I figure if it's good enough for Team Honda, it OK for me.

Precision Concepts...................... :naughty: