*STICKY*: Part numbers for 150F Power Up

They worked pretty good with the little lap I did around the house. I got it up to fourth and the new jets performed very well. I had to use the power-up needle since the stock needle only had 2 clip slots. Stock jets on the 08 are 95 main and 40 pilot. I put a 110 main, 42 pilot, and the power-up needle with the clip in the fourth position

They worked pretty good with the little lap I did around the house. I got it up to fourth and the new jets performed very well. I had to use the power-up needle since the stock needle only had 2 clip slots. Stock jets on the 08 are 95 main and 40 pilot. I put a 110 main, 42 pilot, and the power-up needle with the clip in the fourth position

Did you take out the snorkel too?

I actually got to open up the throttle today and ,wow, this is a whole new bike. It definitely pulls through the gears a lot better and not to mention easy starts. I am so happy I did this mod. I cant wait to really open it up sunday.

• 2 weeks later...
O.K. Hopefully the Mods will sticky this post.

I briefly read over the instructions for the 230F power up and it's pretty much the same for the 150F. If you have trouble with the install, use the "search" feature. If you can't find what you're looking for with "search", post a question, lots of great folks here with the same passion you have, Dirtbikes!!! ?

So, that being said, here are the recommended** part numbers for the POWER UP Mod for the 2003-2005 CRF 150F.

-99103-KPT-0420-Slow jet (42 being the size, stock is 40)

-99113-GHB-1150-Main jet (115 being the size, stock is 98)

-16012-KPT-921-Needle set

**These parts might not be right for each and every 150. Proper jetting is affected by temperature, altitude and humidity.

If you install the parts above you also need to do the following,

-Remove the snorkel from the top of the air box, you need to remove your seat to do this.

-Remove the exhaust baffle from the end of the stock muffler.

-Buy a hi flow air filter, TwinAir or Uni.

-You might also consider removing the backfire screen from inside the airbox, this will help increase the amount of air entering the carb.

Get yourself a Service Manual for your bike, everything you need to know is in there.

Good luck with this easy modification, you will notice a considerable difference in power after you do this.

Cheers, :busted:

Sorry to bring this mod back up again, but I've PM a couple of different people that have had success with this mod with a question and haven't heard back from any of them. My problem is with the needle set part #. When I called my local Honda dealer he said that 16012-kpt-921 didn't make any sense to him. I wanted to verify the number, or see if this was a common problem. :busted:

• 4 months later...

We just did it today. Removing the baffle makes a big difference with the grunt and snap on the low end but its too bad it makes it louder :D Trying not to annoy my neighbors. No doubt has more power though well worth 30 bucks.

My Honda dealer had no issues with the part numbers given.

• 4 weeks later...

2003 crf 150f bone stock. Removed snorkel, UNI filter, 40 pilot, 112 main, stock needle, left baffle in place due to noise. Bike runs great with this setup @ sea level. Probably not quite as good as it would if baffle was removed but still a very good setup and much improved over stock setup. $6 investment in jets. I didnt remove the baffle because of where we ride.

• 1 month later...
what the hell are you talking about?

air is 50% of the required materials for combustion.

if you dont have air then you dont have combustion

Actually if you want to get technical about it, air is 25 percent of the requirements for combustion. Air, fuel, compression, ignition. I think what crf150guy was trying to say was that starting the bike does not require a high flow filter. More air is not going to make it start easier, unless your talking about jetting, which in this case were not. The stock filter will let the bike rev all the way to the limiter, therefore stating that its getting ample air to run, just maybe not to full potential. It gets more than enough air with the stock filter to start first kick. If more air into the carb meant easier starting, then I guess we wouldnt have chokes would we?

• 1 month later...