HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zx7rye

Stock Hubs for BRP

7 posts in this topic

I am kicking the idea around to buy some Excel 17's and lacing them to stock hubs. Any comments on doing this? Where I may be able to pickup stock hubs cheap?

BRP -R:

Front hub is the same as the XR400 and probably the XR250. Look for used front wheels and re-lace.

Rear hub is unique due to axle diameter. Look for a used wheel and re-lace.

:naughty:

I used my stock wheels and laced up a couple of excels recently. Going with the larger HD spokes I worried that I might have to drill the stock hubs as the spoke diameter is greater. Didn't have to do that with the excel spokes but the other HD brands you do. Just an fyi. Really easy to lace them up too.

there's a stock frt hub on ebay right now as well as a set of 17's complete

I used my stock wheels and laced up a couple of excels recently. Going with the larger HD spokes I worried that I might have to drill the stock hubs as the spoke diameter is greater. Didn't have to do that with the excel spokes but the other HD brands you do. Just an fyi. Really easy to lace them up too.

Good to know Tim. I am trying to keep it fairly low budget and feel the stock hubs will work fine. I am already throwing feelers out for some hubs to buy. I plan on doing a trackday or two with the XR and I want the wheel swap to be as easy as swapping rotors. I will probably buy EBC 's 280mm kit for the front. It's only $135 through Rocky Mtn. and it includes a nice caliper relocator.

Yeah definitely go rocky mountain for all your braking needs. They are the only co. that I found to have aftermarket rotors available for cheap money. Good luck!

I have a front hub i dont need I think i pay like $70 for it if you wont it how $45. Bert